• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leroy Sanders

Leroy Sanders

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

Palouse Slots is up and running after a 9 month construction remodel project. A additional 800 feet were added to the existing building along with a handicap accessible bathroom and retail area. 

We are looking forward to seeing everyone this summer for the retro races starting in April. We will be using both tracks and alternating classes each month on each track. We will be racing CAN AM, COUPE, STOCK CAR , F-1. Practice will start at 9:00am and racing at 11:00am. Lunch will be provided along with some breakfast snacks.

If you have not attended one of Palouse slots races you are missing a fun group of guy's and girls that like to race and have fun.

If you have questions or need more info give me a call Leroy Sanders 509-432-1388. Below is the schedule. Depending on the head count some dates may change.

Saturday April    24th

May     29th

June     26th

July      31st

August  28th 

Sept     25th

Attached Images

• IMG_2221.JPG
  • IMG_2218.JPG

• John Luongo likes this

#2 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:45 PM

Awesome, Leroy. We just bought a house back in Spokane, and I plan to make most of these. Am SO excited at having you host races again!

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:18 AM

Ken, which of these was formerly your home track? Was it the red walled one? Does your new home have space for a track?

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#4 John M Wimett

John M Wimett

Rattle Can Racing CFO

• Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:01 AM

Leroy,

Pictures look great, there is definitely more room to move around.

There is at least four guys looking forward to starting up again from the Tri-Cities.

That's just since last night getting the news!

(Ken's track is not the red track)

John M Wimett

Rattle Can Racing

"Speed costs money....how fast do you want to go?"

#5 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:48 AM

As John says, my former track is the other (blue and yellow edged) one. And yes, the new house has a triple car garage, with the 3rd bay extending 29'. That bay is reserved for a future track.

#6 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 12,239 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:23 PM

Ken, you must be designing the new track on paper now.  :D  I'll be watching the build posts when they come. Had you thought of building track sections than could be moved to provide different track layouts? Didn't you build a portable track, similar to that, which could be transported by a pickup truck or two?

Bill Fernald

#7 Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 04:45 AM

Leroy,

The remodel looks great. Looking forward to racing again with everybody. It's been to long.

Tom Brown

#8 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

Bill,

Yes, I built a track meant to be modular, and assembled into different configurations.  I sent it to Montana, with the intent that when the racers over there didn't want it anymore I could bring it back here.  But it lost its home, and at the time we had sold our home and were touring the country in an RV.  We offered to give it away but no one came to pick it up, so it went to the dumpster.

I still like the modular idea, but you really need the precision of a CNC routing job to make it work well.  At the moment I am thinking of a non-modular track.  We have two excellent tracks in Palouse, a little more than an hour away.  I am thinking of a track that would be different from those.  What I would dearly love is a track like Eddie Shorer has in CA, except with lane spacing for 1:24 cars.  He calls it a Boola King.  I am not competent to build such a track, however.  Watching for tracks that go on sale between now and summer, then will decide what to do.

Ken

#9 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 12,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:03 PM

Ken, I thought Eddie said his track was built by Bob Scott,  but I could be wrong. Bob lives in AZ now, but he posted on FB that he was done track building.

Bill Fernald

Electric Dreams Online Shop