• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:33 AM

A big thank you to Leroy Sanders and his lovely wife for hosting a fantastic inaugural 2021 race.  For many of us it was our first racing experience since late summer of 2019.  In the meantime, Leroy expanded his building and moved all three tracks (the third being the HO layout), allowing for more room to maneuver and more pit space.  He also added a restroom, making it a true standalone facility.

In my 50+ years of slot car racing, I think I can say that I have never been in a better environment for a race.  It has the warmth and personal touches of the finest club, but the amenities and supplies of a commercial raceway.  It doesn't get much better than this.  Thanks again.

On to race results.  We had 6 racers, plus two extra volunteers for marshalling.  We ran two races on my old track, where I was pleased to discover that the old "home track advantage" still lingers.  The other two races were held on Leroy's track, which my fellow Spokanite Paul Dwyer found very much to his liking.

Bot tracks started off good, but a bit slick, then sped up as we laid down some rubber.

F1 Race (Ken's track):

1.  Ken Bryan  112 laps

2.  Paul Dwyer 108

3.  John Wimett 106

4.  Tom "Mr" Sunday 102

5.  Leroy Sanders 101

6.  Frank (last name?) 85

Stock Car (Leroy's track)

1.  Paul Dwyer  115 laps (a true runaway)

2.  Mr. Sunday  105

3.  Leroy Sanders 103

4.  Ken Bryan  96

5.  John Wimett 85

6.  Frank 80

Can Am (Ken's)

1.  Ken Bryan 112

2.  Paul Dwyer  105

3.  Mr. Sunday 105

4.  Leroy Sanders 103

5.  John Wimett 91

6.  Frank  82

Coupe (Leroy's)

1.  Paul Dwyer  133

2.  Mr. Sunday  125

3.  John Wimett 118

4.  Leroy Sanders  118

5.  Ken Bryan  115

6.  Frank  99

Lasagna/salad/garlic bread lunch was a hit all around as well!  Can't wait for next time!

Ken Bryan

• Richard Matthews likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop