No replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:19 AM

Eight slot heads showed up to race Econo and Vintage NASCAR at STR on 4/26/21. Track conditions were quite good and everyone had a good time.  This was the first time I had been back to STR on more than a year (due to Covid epidemic . Throughout both races I really never got comfortable with the track.  I can see that it will take some time to run consistent races again. In my opinion, STR is the toughest tracks I have raced on. Corners are sharp (most 8 inch radium) and there is a hump in the pit straight (see image below)

STR.jpg

Econo

All chassis are of the simple "rattle" design with a sold front axle.  As such racing is always close and this event was no exception.  The top four finishers all turned fast laps in the 5.2 - 5.3 second range.  In the end, it was consistency that really determine the finishing order.  It was Joe, Bob and Mark for first through third respectively.

Results_Econo.jpg

E_Field.jpg

E_Bob.jpg

E_Joe.jpg

E_Lowell.jpg

E_Mark.jpg

E_Mike.jpg

E_Nick.jpg

E_Rich.jpg

E_Ron.jpg

Vintage NASCAR

Joe got tangled up with another driver in practice.  The result was a broken front wheel hanger on his very competitive 50 Olds.  He had to switch to his backup car, a 57 Chevy which hurt his chances for a podium finish.  The top five cars turned fast laps in the 5.2 to 5.3 second range. Again consistency won out.  It was Bob, Mark and Ron for first through third respectively.  

Resutsl_VN.jpg

VN_Field.jpg

VN_Bob.jpg

VN_Joe.jpg

VN_Lowell.jpg

VN_Makr.jpg

VN_Mike.jpg

VN_Nick.jpg

VN_Rich.jpg

VN_Ron.jpg

• Eddie Fleming likes this

Rich Vecchio