• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Gorski

John Gorski

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

Looking for used Dremel 8000-03 10.8 volt lithium ion cordless in working condition. Mine is on its way out.

dremel-8000-03-10-volt-lithium-.jpg

• Tim Neja likes this
John Gorski, Jr.

Home of the Gorski Double-Micro Controller

#2 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 11:25 PM

John, contact Dremel. I was able to get replacement parts for mine. I love my 10.8 Dremels. Wish they still made them. 

#3 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,344 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:19 AM

Yea-- best dremel ever-  I've got two of them I use every day!! I hope I can get new batteries for them!! 

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#4 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:02 AM

Yea-- best dremel ever-  I've got two of them I use every day!! I hope I can get new batteries for them!! 

Tim, Amazon has replacement batteries.

• Tim Neja likes this

#5 Robert BG

Robert BG

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:47 AM

Dremel has a lot of replacement parts compared to others these days. I've got brushes from them for my dad's ancient corded Dremel and while they didnt have it in stock I was also able to get a bearing part number from them over the phone that allowed me to get one off Amazon.

Robert Fothergill

#6 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:36 PM

If the click-on battery module has AA batteries inside, most Battery + stores can replace the internal batteries with vastly superior ones using the old module case! It's a great deal! My local store spot-welded them in using the original connecting metal bands!

Love my hand-held Dremel for cleaning HO pick-ups between heats!

Keep it in the slot; it's just a good policy for best race results, less repairs and not making enemies on the track.

And be sure to "pay it forward" by letting faster guys go by cleanly ... it might even come back to you some day. Yeah, right!

• Robert BG likes this

Sorry about the nerf. "Sorry? Sorry? There's no apologizing in slot car racing!" 

Besides, where would I even begin?   I should probably start with my wife ...

"I don't often get very many "fast laps" but I very often get many laps quickly."

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one hand two hands!

Former Home Track - Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies, Longmont, CO, Noteworthy for the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

#7 Robert BG

Robert BG

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:09 PM

Like AJ said cell replacement isnt that bad to do most times. Chances are they are 14500 size cells that are pretty much the same as the old "AA" batteries. But the Li Ion cells are a higher voltage.

The cell type model number is the size in MM. Dont hold me to it but I'm pretty sure it's 14mm wide by 500 long and the bigger 18650's are 18x650mm. So if you ever come across a battery that uses a uncommon size chances are you can find them by those sizes.

If you do any lithium battery work ALWAYS have a fire containment dish at hand and sort of expect the possibility of fire and you'll be fine. I personally use a clay flower pot with sand at one bench and a cast iron pan if inside.

Soldering the cells together is frowned upon too because guys used to soldering small electronics tend to overheat the cells with small irons causing fires. Having said that I've soldered hundreds if not thousands without a problem. It's sort of like soldering a motor in quickly without killing the mags from heat. A big iron,good flux and a quick pass like soldering a motor followed by a spritz of alcohol to clean/cool them right after has served me well over the past 10+ years. Again I dont recomend doing it this way but if you do make sure you get things right the first time. Because while it can be done without getting them too hot,it's near impossible to get undone with a iron.

Robert Fothergill

#8 LindsayB

LindsayB

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:37 PM

I also use the battery dremel it is great. Mine the batteries died years ago. I simply pulled the battery pack out and attached two bits of wire to contact points on the dremel. I then plug it into my power supply and win the volts down to what speed I want it to spin at.

• triggerman likes this
Lindsay Byron

Electric Dreams Online Shop