3 replies to this topic

#1 Shruska55

Shruska55

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 02:38 PM

I saw this on Facebook. Two tracks, a drag strip, and extras.

Posted by Kenneth Braxton on Facebook.

Scott Hruska
East Texas

#2 James Wendel

James Wendel

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:31 PM

I heard that there was a track down near Medford that was about to open the same time that Covid was ramping up in 2020.

No surprise then to see the tracks for sale. I hope they find a good home.

You can't always get what you want...

#3 Bill Seitz

Bill Seitz

Still Half-Fast After All These Years

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:09 PM

Too bad. I stopped there last July and ran on the Ogilvie King and the Rainbow Curve track that's not in the photo (small track in photo is a Bob Scott Squiggly 8). They were trying to be a full hobby shop with R/C and model railroad in addition to slot cars in a large, new, industrial park building, but I've not seen much promotion from them since they opened.

This King was previously located in San Diego, and I'd run on it once there before that operation closed. The Rainbow Curve is a Gerding custom track built for Estes Ark in Estes Park, CO, but is not mentioned for sale. There were also one or two small tracks in storage. Whether this means they're closing altogether or just downsizing, there's a nice Ogilvie King for sale.

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,556 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 06:49 AM

The ad on Facebook currently reads:

"Blue King Slot Car Track For Sale !!!!! Great Condition comes freshly painted and also resurfaced. Comes with Lap-master Program and Computer. Also included is the other track displayed next to it not sure what it’s called but it’s 24 ft L and 15ft W. Also included will be 6 Controllers and Used Slot Cars for track. Located out of Central Point in Southern Oregon . $7,500 OBO, both tracks must go. Please Call me if interested 541-973-9190 or Pm me as well."

So the tracks for sale seem to be the the King and the 'Rainbow Curve' six-lane track. No mention of the drag strip now.

Further down the listing, the question was asked, "Officially closed?" Answer: "No, have a couple weeks left. Everything is 20% off."

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop