• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Needing a simple way to fix vintage 16D motors that have had there bent-over tabs broken off or weakened to become non effective. 
Larry and I put our heads together and came up with this jig.
This is a jig to drill an accurate pilot hole in a 16D can and end-bell together. 
There will be in center drill that drills a pilot hole to accept a common self tapping screw.
The center drill supplied,will come with a depth stop to be set to avoid drilling too deep.(see pic) 
This is a picture of the prototype. We plan to order 10 or 20 depending on the interest.
Let me know If you have any questions.

16d jig full frontal.png

16d jig iso.png

small drill.png

Martin Windmill

#2 Larry Horner

Larry Horner

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

I might add that the shots above show a brass sleeve slipped into the 1/8" guide hole with a 1/16" rod passing through the can to verify the 26 degree angle of the Parma 16D can inside the jig (Pro-Slot Speedy FX motors use the same angle). Those are not part of the jig ... just a bit of quality assurance on my part.

One other detail not seen is that there is a clamping screw between the buttresses on the base to hold the can firmly in the jig.

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,641 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

This is a neat tool that will come in handy. I could have used something like this back in the '70s when I drilled Champion C-can clearance holes for mounting to Mura endbells. My Unimat came in handy back then.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

Electric Dreams Online Shop