• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

I wanted to extend special thanks to some folks who went out of their way to help my son and me at the Sano.

I felt very harried, and was trying to prepare cars for two of us. My son raced years ago, but has not raced in several years. In one of the races, my son finished a heat with a gear that sounded like it was about to die. I ran upstairs to get a replacement gear. By the time I returned, Dennis Samson had whisked the car away, adjusted the gear, and returned it in time for the following heat. I appreciate that immensely.

I did not have time to add spoilers before arriving, so brought a tube of contact cement with me on the plane. TSA apparently took it out of my checked luggage, leaving behind a nice note in its place. Fortunately Ray Price and another racer whose name I don't know both helped supply me with adhesive material -- and in the process gave me two better ways of mounting the spoilers.

The tires and gear ratios that I was using were not working, and my late arrival gave me no time to experiment. Fortunately Allan Reeder was very helpful at giving suggestions that were a great improvement over my own choices.

The Texas crew made me feel a part of their group and provided a Texas T-shirt (for which I still owe, I think). Since I knew very few other people, their friendliness was much appreciated.

Finally, thanks to Mike for a great race. Ben and I enjoyed our time, and I appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to encourage him.

Ken

Electric Dreams Online Shop