Photo

For Sale: New 1/24 TSRF kit & used TSRF chassis - SOLD!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Big Al

Big Al

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hi guys, Philippe,

We never managed to get the TSRF classes going here in South Africa, and I've got a complete 1/24 TSRF kit still in a sealed packet for sale. Hasn't been assembled yet.

Includes sponge trued rear wheels, and pin guide, etc. Any ideas what this would sell for? Also need to keep postage costs in mind here.

Also have two or three secondhand rolling chassis up for grabs. Might just bundle all the stuff together and sell as one lot, but would like to get an idea if there's interest\demand for this kit and the secondhand cars.

Email me directly and I'll get some photos off.

alan at slotcars dot co dot za

Cheers,

Al

Regards,

Al Paterson
Cape Town, SA

#2 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,229 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I'm interested but broke, Al; sorry.
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#3 Big Al

Big Al

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hi,

Here are pics of the new, unused kit, and the two "runners". Any interest in all of this??

al1a.jpg

al2a.jpg

al3a.jpg

al4a.jpg

Regards,

Al

Regards,

Al Paterson
Cape Town, SA

#4 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,229 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

If you get no takers right away, don't just chunk it. I may be in a better financial situation early next year.
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#5 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Richard,

These chassis are great for use under hard-plastic bodies on a Carrera layout. This is really what they were designed for in the first place, and they excel at that.

You can use all kinds of bodies, from vintage to modern. Below are a Ferrari P4 and a NASCAR Dodge:

carrera-p4-6.jpg

carrera-p4-15.jpg

john-kallas-ford-1.jpg

john-kallas-ford-3.jpg

All kinds of bodies can be used on these versatile chassis, that transform the Carrera dogs into effective and fun race cars that can be used with or without traction magnets to excellent effect.

Philippe de Lespinay

#6 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,229 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

I WAS thinking about hardbody racing, but on a commercial track. I thought y'all had held a few TSRF races at BP; did they prove unsuitable on such tracks?
Richard L. Hofer

#7 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Not at all. We ran them very successfully for 2 years, then D3 took over and there were no more time slots to run the TSR cars. Also I had to spend a lot of time on the organization and I simply did not have the time anymore. The cars ran great and showed the way around to the competitive Plafit models, just about every time they were matched.
We ran both the 1/24 and 1/32 scale cars, including races in IROC format that were really enjoyed by the participants.
The TSR were really designed as home-racing chassis to fit your favorite body over them, and at that, they excel, but indeed they also ran quite well everywhere we raced them on commercial raceways tracks. They don't like glue too much as they have too much mechanical grip and easily tilt, so the less the glue on the track, the better they run as the rear tires are allowed to slide instead of nailing themselves on the track.
Paul Sterrett and Mike Steube were the best at extracting the most out of their TSR cars.

Philippe de Lespinay

#8 Big Al

Big Al

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Confirmed, the three kits all arrived with their new owner in the USA.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Al

Regards,

Al Paterson
Cape Town, SA

Electric Dreams Online Shop