#1 One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

The First One.

Let me start off by making a short story even longer. We all recall that first kiss, the first time you fell in love, the first bicycle crash that sent you home crying.
Only a small handful of people know that feeling of finally hosting you First Slot Car event.
With less then six months to prepare the new home of the Ogilive Hillclimb located in REM Raceway today was the first of many races to come.

The racers made the day easy for me. Everyone knew the routine, and got right to it by soldering in sixteen hand out motors, I think someone said 30 minutes!? The time flew by for me all day so I can't be sure?

Posted Image

I'll introduce the guys, that's Frank Elavsky on the far left of the picture, owner of Rt.93 Raceway, the person with his back to us in the brown hooded sweatshirt, that's Cap Henry of HMS Speedway. Across the bench, is 'HO' Karl owner of J&B Raceway, and at the far end of the bench is our Mad Mexican, AKA Jay Savala.

Group Shot of GT1 cars.

Posted Image

The hootin' and hollerin' reminded me to take some pictures at the end of the GT/1 B racers. Actually the closest and most Fun race to watch all day.

This is the fourth and fifth place car for position, the white car of Jerry Ward edging out the brown car of George Katzakis.The sixth place car of John Barcik was also on the same lap but a few panels back out of the picture.

Posted Image

The red car for second place driven by Tom Rowell leading by a panel over the silver car of Jay Savala for third.

Posted Image

The winner, as J.T. told us before the start of the race.

Posted Image

Here is our first winner group of racers.

The Three Amigos!

Posted Image

This is a special picture for me, as these three guys put together the racers for the High Noon Shoot-Out on Sunday's at REM Raceway. They made me proud as my home raacers.

GT1 A Winners

Posted Image
Cap Henry 2nd, Ben Naelitz 1st, Frank Elavsky 3rd

Don't recall any highlights to this race other then Ben lead from green to checker, and everyone else chased to catch him

Eighteen Group/10 cars:

Posted Image

Jerry Ward got concourse for this finely detailed machine, he won an extra doughnut and a handshake from the O.C.C. Prez.
Posted Image

The look of true determination,

Posted Image

The winners of Group 10:

Posted Image

Bob Kurkowski 2nd, Mike Fleming 1st, Frank Elavsky 3rd.

The last race of the day was the fast and furious GTP cars, again a photo finish for the win!

Check this out!

Posted Image

tTe red car driven by Elmo, just edged out the white car driven by Mike Fleming. This was after 192 laps around the circuit! Great job, guys!

GTP winners

Posted Image

Ron Smith 3rd Elmo 1st, Mike Fleming 2nd.

It's been a long road to this point.

We simply must thank everyone for such a pleasant, fun-filled day of racing.

My thanks to RTR Ralph Thorne for the great-looking box plaques.

Eagle Distributing Inc, for the race prizes.

This is NOT the official race report!

Momma, or Frank will be by later to post all the driver positions and such.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Slots-4-Ever
Brian McPherson

REM Raceway

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having FUN!"

#2 Mr. Frank

Mr. Frank

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

HAD A BLAST YESTERDAY...:rolleyes:
Big thanks goes out to Ray and Brian at R E M... GREAT JOB Guys !!!!!:D
Food was GREAT.. Track was AWSOME..
Thanks goes out to my buddy john for helping me out... THANKS Dude..;)

We will be getting the results soon..

Thanks, Mr. Frank

Frank Elavsky
5/20/60-2/9/12
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Cap Henry

Cap Henry

CHR Cars

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Brian, You've got a great store and a REALLY nice track. Will definetly be up for racing there again!

#4 Jerry Ward

Jerry Ward

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

Brian and Ray had a great time and the place is real nice track is awsome smooth! Can't wait to come back again soon. Lunch was super great and the raceing was fun all day!! GREAT JOB!! :) Jerry
Jerry Ward
2/23/51-5/20/14
Requiescat in Pace

#5 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

Amigos,

What a great way to close out the 2010 portion of this race season!
Closing out with good racing, fun, and great food! At REM Raceway.
We begin the second half of the season going back home to the re-birth of the Ohio Challenge Cup.
J&B Raceway has risen back into the game with long time house manager "Ho" Carl now taking over the daily overall operations.
Lets celebrate the Holidays! Everybody have a good one! Hope to see everyone at J&B Raceways and celebrate the new year and race on the Paper Clip!

Again Happy Holidays and have a Great New Year

Adios
Javier Zavala
In loving memory of my mother Francisca Escalante Zavala
March 24, 1927 - April 5, 2011
Vaya Con Dios

#6 Frankie Schaffier

Frankie Schaffier

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

We begin the second half of the season going back home to the re-birth of the Ohio Challenge Cup.
J&B Raceway has risen back into the game with long time house manager "Ho" Carl now taking over the daily overall operations.
Lets celebrate the Holidays! Everybody have a good one! Hope to see everyone at J&B Raceways and celebrate the new year and race on the Paper Clip!

Was there a change to schedule adding a OCC race at J&B?

Frankie
Professional Track Wall Tester.
Rob Voska's only friend.

#7 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Amigo Frankie,

I was told that WFO was drop and taking WFO place will be J&B Raceway for the race date that WFO had for January.
That's all I know for more confirmation talk to the BIG Khauna Mr. Frank of RT.93

Adios
Javier Zavala
In loving memory of my mother Francisca Escalante Zavala
March 24, 1927 - April 5, 2011
Vaya Con Dios

#8 Frankie Schaffier

Frankie Schaffier

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hey Javier,

Thanks for the reply. I was sent an email saying the same that's good news, and as it should be. Not dishing on WFO, never been there, but I just thought J&B should have had an OCC race. And I do understand why it wasn't scheduled early on due to the tracks uncertainty back when the 2010/20111 schedule was being sent. Good job to those that made the call, mid season location changes are always a tough call.

Was bummed I didn't make REM this weekend as I was sure looking forward to running with the OCC once again. I had a choice this weekend, either go to my girlfriend's parents for their x-mas party, or blow off the x-mas party and go to the OCC race. I was told if I went to the OCC race instead of the x-mas party I'd have to move in with Jerry Ward. It was a tough call but I picked the x-mas party because Jerry said if I moved in with him I'd have to sleep in the un-heated garage. ;)
See you guys at J&B's!

Frankie
Professional Track Wall Tester.
Rob Voska's only friend.

#9 flem1959

flem1959

Race Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

I looked at the schedule and I am interested in racing the Enduro at the end of the Season.
Have you guys made any decisions on the location yet?
Mike Fleming

#10 Jerry Ward

Jerry Ward

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Hey Javier,

Thanks for the reply. I was sent an email saying the same that's good news, and as it should be. Not dishing on WFO, never been there, but I just thought J&B should have had an OCC race. And I do understand why it wasn't scheduled early on due to the tracks uncertainty back when the 2010/20111 schedule was being sent. Good job to those that made the call, mid season location changes are always a tough call.

Was bummed I didn't make REM this weekend as I was sure looking forward to running with the OCC once again. I had a choice this weekend, either go to my girlfriend's parents for their x-mas party, or blow off the x-mas party and go to the OCC race. I was told if I went to the OCC race instead of the x-mas party I'd have to move in with Jerry Ward. It was a tough call but I picked the x-mas party because Jerry said if I moved in with him I'd have to sleep in the un-heated garage. ;)
See you guys at J&B's!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Jerry Ward
2/23/51-5/20/14
Requiescat in Pace

Electric Dreams Online Shop