• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Looking at the classes we have at BPR I might as well get a job at Imperial Burger joint, to race the one that I love! :blink: Well I don't even want to start to count all the classes we have in D3?
Lets see we got:
Coupe
Nascar
CanAm
F1
RetroPro
Jail Door
Hard Bodies (Four types of body styles)
Retro 32 (Inline with different with and Anglewinder)and then we have not got the Hard body's rolling yet?
Did I miss anything? :unsure:
Do we have people enough to race all of this? It looks to me we are lucky to get turn Marshall's.
What I would like to see is a schedule where we run only two or three types of classes for a whole month, and then rotate next month with a different class of cars for the whole month?
Divide the classes through the months and you might get a bigger crowed for all the types of classes.
Have to say I love them all but I can't do them all, can't do RetroPro I'm to slow. :laugh2:

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

In this bright future you can't forget your past.
BMW (Bob Marley and the Wailers)

United we stand and divided we fall, the Legends are complete.
I'm racing the best here at BP but Father time is much better then all of us united.
Not a snob in this hobby, after all it will be gone, if we keep on going like we do, and I have nothing to prove so I keep on posting because I have nothing to gain.
It's our duty to remember the past so we can have a future.

Pistol Pete you will always be in my memory.

#2 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

At this point the way the schedule is working is, that one month we have Flat track and next month its King track and then Kingleman.
Why not run all the tracks one month with a special class and then change it to another group of cars and so on.... :unsure:
I think most of the die hards have every thing anyway, but they don't have the time to do so? :rolleyes:
Its just a idea.
Have to say run some Hard Body's and you will get a different respect to those guys not eazy let me tell you, but then I always been a torpedo. :laugh2:

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

I'm racing the best here at BP but Father time is much better then all of us united.
Not a snob in this hobby, after all it will be gone, if we keep on going like we do, and I have nothing to prove so I keep on posting because I have nothing to gain.

#3 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

Have to say the circle is complete, just like when I started to post on 1:32 forum, it just to be me and Hal (MOVIE 2001)? :laugh2:
Click here
I guess ......it is what it is, but change is always good. ;)

Nesta

It use to be "Keeper of the Dead Spot" that's the way I use to sign of. Nuts and bolts are more interesting! :rolleyes:
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

#4 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Stop blabbing and start racing instead of polishing your cars!
John Austin

#5 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

I say "YES!", we need more classes!

And polls! We need more polls!
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#6 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Johnny you are so right! :laugh2: I'm so glad that you showed up, and what else would you like me to do?
Maybe you could show me what you do?
Have to say I'm so sorry that I was polishing my cars, but I got habits, don't you? :laugh2:
Well I will be looking for your advice in the future because you might be the man to tell us where it is? ;)
Love new hobbyist like him full of advice and no go. :laugh2:

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

#7 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

I own 3 tracks, 2 commercial and 1 gerding built home track and have been racing for 50 years.Just finished working 8 hours and then ran races for another 4 hours.You complain about lack of racers.Where are you when the green flag drops? Spend less time making posts and more time racing and maybe you will leave your mambee-pamby land for some competition.
John Austin

#8 Mopar Rob

Mopar Rob

Retro Snob as of 1/12/2011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

John:

Nesta raced last weekend at BP and probably is going to race at the Checkpoint Cup this weekend, so he does race. He was using a car I built. I was told by PM and not by him that if he gets a good motor he should actually be fast in the Checkpoint Cup Can-Am race

I do agree that he does post allot. :on_the_quiet2:

Rob Hanson

Shops at Mid-America Raceway and uses R-Geo Products

Rob was right!

#9 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Dear Johnny maybe you should look at Keith Tanaka's race report and you will find me? ;)
Keep up the good work and I'm sure you have a very successful race program at your place? Maybe I could stop by and
experience it? :)
Maybe you could clue me in where it is so I could find it?
Happy New Year to ya!

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

#10 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

I thought all motors at the Checkpoint are fairly equal.That should end this dream real fast.
John Austin

#11 Mopar Rob

Mopar Rob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Dear Johnny maybe you should look at Keith Tanaka's race report and you will find me? ;)
Keep up the good work and I'm sure you have a very successful race program at your place? Maybe I could stop by and
experience it? :)
Maybe you could clue me in where it is so I could find it?
Happy New Year to ya!

Nesta

I feel like a referee:

John runs the slot car program at the Lake Barrington Field House. He probably exposes more kids and families to slot racing in Chicago than all the other facilities in the area combined.

Rob Hanson

Rob was right!

#12 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Try Lake Barrington Speedway.In the gold coast of Chicago's suburbia.By the way, I run my raceway as a hobby,geared for fun and very competitive racing..I guess thats why I get Sano Dave and national champion Ricky D. there very often.
John Austin

#13 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Stop blabbing and start racing instead of polishing your cars!

Nesta comes all the way from San Diego several times a month (probably a lot more than his girlfriend Kathy likes!!) to run in the D3 races at Buena Park. He runs on every track in all classes and is driving better and better every time and is more or less a BPR regular!!

#14 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

He still blabs too much!
John Austin

#15 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

John I did not mean to leash out at you, if you are a friend of Sano Dave its all good but you came out of the blue.
But you where not very diplomatic where you?
Rob sorry that I did put you in a spot that was not necessary, but thanks for sticking up for me. :blush:
Yes I have a bad habit to post a lot, but look at the top ten posters I'm far away from them!
John glad that you spoke up, but I'm just trying to have different solution to get more people to the track here at BP.
Its all good, but I did not expect this!

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

#16 Mopar Rob

Mopar Rob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

He still blabs too much!

That's true, but Nesta's still all right

Rob Hanson

Rob was right!

#17 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

I am 61 years old,retired, had a chance to be the building engineer at the midwest's largest indoor sports facility,and had a chance to promote the sport of slot car racing to young sports minded families.I bought the tracks myself for the fun of slot racing. i pay no rent, but let them use it for parties and rentals.I am out 8,000 and recoup maybe 500 a month,This is done for the love of the sport.And having a class track for my friends to race on is worth it! By the way in the 80's i won usra midwest championships and transferred to J.P. Van Rossems IMCA worlds, where I qualified and raced in the c-1, c-2 and eurosport 1/24 all mains against the best in the world. I made Booth tires full time in the early 90's and was the top tire maker in the 91 Nats.Gave up racing to raise a family and came back to provide the fun I experienced.Just quit complaing so much and bring a new racer with you.Love your 1/32 custom paints. It takes a lot to upset me, but you didi it. Just trying to promote our love. John [you may call me a wanker] lol
John Austin

#18 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

First of all John, I truly have no ill feeling about you, but thanks for setting me straight and I'm glad that you feel so strongly about this hobby of ours and glad to read your post of what you have done for our little community.
Please PM me if you think I'm out there at times, and I will be more then happy to take the good with the bad.
I think I said in the past I never meet a bad slot car racer.

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

#19 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

Keep on doing as you do Nesta.... as long as you stay within the rules here. ;)

#20 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

I love Ronny especially when I out qualified him for the pole by .001 in the 90 [I think,pardon my old brain, Ronny} in the c-2 class! Always love to race you Ronny, you were one of the clean[?let me by?straightaway, ok!] racers of the day.
John Austin

#21 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

I am 61 years old,retired, had a chance to be the building engineer at the midwest's largest indoor sports facility,and had a chance to promote the sport of slot car racing to young sports minded families.I bought the tracks myself for the fun of slot racing. i pay no rent, but let them use it for parties and rentals.I am out 8,000 and recoup maybe 500 a month,This is done for the love of the sport.And having a class track for my friends to race on is worth it! By the way in the 80's i won usra midwest championships and transferred to J.P. Van Rossems IMCA worlds, where I qualified and raced in the c-1, c-2 and eurosport 1/24 all mains against the best in the world. I made Booth tires full time in the early 90's and was the top tire maker in the 91 Nats.Gave up racing to raise a family and came back to provide the fun I experienced.Just quit complaing so much and bring a new racer with you.Love your 1/32 custom paints. It takes a lot to upset me, but you didi it. Just trying to promote our love. John [you may call me a wanker] lol

I don't think Nesta was complaining as much as just rambling along in his usual "Nestese". If this upsets you so much just ignore him.:D

#22 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

I love Ronny especially when I out qualified him for the pole by .001 in the 90 [I think,pardon my old brain, Ronny} in the c-2 class! Always love to race you Ronny, you were one of the clean[?let me by?straightaway, ok!] racers of the day.

I love you Johnny.... yes you out qualified me and that was cool...it was soooo close. Never a problem to let the faster driver(s) by in the race.

#23 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

That was my Denny Kershner motor!! Loved it. Want to reproduce the car as i have the original chassis's and bodies on those cars,need any old ps early strap setups, just want to restore the car. I could not last with you in a 2 hour race! My finest was when I beat Raisen at Dans MTT using my big hubs!! Good times.$21.00 payout!26 entries Still have it.
John Austin

#24 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

Beating Raisin back then was a major accomplishment. Do you need a PS Strap can???

#25 JohnnySlotcar

JohnnySlotcar

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Please! Do you remember those horrid stock car bodies we had to run? It was like 99 degeees and I had just bought Booth tires and brought some big hubs.The track was so stuck, I was the "man" Funny thing was that after the race big hub orders did not pick up! Maybe a Raisin glue job for the track!!!! Fun times,how did we get old???
John Austin

Electric Dreams Online Shop