2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

I just noticed that there has been no posts since May. Are you guys in "stealth mode" or something? How is Retro down south??

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Mike,

We've not really posted this publicly, but most of the SERRA™ racers are aware of it.

Jay and I both knew we would have some bad family stuff come up this year (and we were not wrong, unfortunately) and that we simply would not have the time to continue running SERRA™ as a monthly series. In fact, we had to cancel SERRA™ #29 for these reasons. We had hoped a couple of racers would take over the reins of the series, but that has not occurred.

Our idea, once we get our family stuff in better shape, is to hold maybe 2-3 bigger SERRA™ races per year, rather than to try to run 6-9 series races a year. Another complication is that Jay is likely to be based outside of the US on business for several months sooner or later.

All slot racing in the Atlanta area is limited due to the fact that there are only two raceways currently operating in metro Atlanta. And both of these operate on a part-time basis, i.e. they are only open a couple of days per week for limited hours. We run Retro at both raceways but the bigger issue is with just two tracks, there's a very small pool of slot racers to pull from. There are not very many raceways within decent traveling distance from Atlanta. Raceworld in LaGrange is about 1-1/2 hours away, Slots of Fun is about 2-1/2 hours, Central TN is about 3-1/2 hours, Thomasville is almost 5 hours. And that's another reason Jay and I had to cut back... the amount of traveling we did over the 28 SERRA™ races was just something we felt we couldn't sustain.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

I was wondering what was up. It seemed that SERRA™ went from "Hero" to "Zero" almost overnight. Hopefully once you and Jay (best wishes to you both BTW) are back on a level setting things will get back to normal. Better yet, find somebody to take over so you both can have a break and concentrate on more important matters.

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

Electric Dreams Online Shop