Photo

Final thoughts on the Music City Shootout!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Crutchfield

Rick Crutchfield

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Freda and I want to say "Thanks" to all the racers that were able to come race with us at The Music City Retro Shootout! 

The out-of-towners - Mick Holtsclaw, Will Custer, Ross Scharf, Gary Adams, Les Boyd, Rick Stagen, Greg Wells, Jay Guard, Chris Barnes, James Merriman, Brain Ambrose, Ralph Thorne, and Ron Hershman - were GREAT!! I can't wait to have the chance to race with you guys in the near future.

Thanks to my local guys: Jerry Milliken, Terry Coleman, Tom Harrington, Bill Nolen, Paul "Mac" McMahan, Andrew Ford, Gil Gundersen, Jeff Nale, Johnny Marlin, Jonathan Smith, and Michael Lenning. We could not have done it without you. Thanks to you!

To all the people who sent prizes a BIG thank you!

Noose Bodies (Joe Neumeister), Rick Bennardo (R-Geo), Dennis Samson (Harry's Nuts), Paul Pieffer (Alpha Products), Mick Holtsclaw (MH Slotboxes), Steve Koepp (Parma), Ralph Thorne (Ralph Thorne Racing), and Ron Hershman (Outisight Bodies).

Thanks to Ron Hershman for the "checks" he wrote to the racers that won TQ, concours, heat races, or a Main event.

Thanks to the lunch sponsors, Gil's Hillybillys, Gary Adams, Tom Harrington, Freda Crutchfield, and Central TN Raceway! Freda worked hard and came up with some delicious food!

And last but not least "THANKS" to the companies and people that sponsored the Retro Classes!
Eagle Distributing (Floyd Guersney), MH Slotboxes (Mick Holtsclaw), Go Fast Products (Tracy Brown), Ralph Thorne Racing (Ralph Thorne) and Slotblog (Greg Wells).

I hope I haven't left anyone out! If I have, please forgive me. 

Thanks again!

Rick & Freda

Rick Crutchfield

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I want to post a special shout-out to Jerry "Slot Doc" Milliken, who seemingly dedicated his entire weekend to helping the other racers if and when such help was needed.

Had trouble getting your car dialed in? There was Jerry, sharing his "home track advantage" knowledge. Break something after a wall-shot? Jerry would have your car in his hands at your pit repairing it before you could get over from the drivers panel.

This hobby would benefit enormously if we had more racers like Jerry, who know that helping others is the way to make it grow and proper.

Jerry, I'm proud to consider myself your friend!

• Rick Crutchfield likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I think I met the nicest people I have met in slot cars at Central Tennessee Raceway. Freda and Rick are great hosts and Freda whipped up some great food.

The hand-out tires worked amazing and the racing was great all weekend.

I can't wait to race again with my new friends down south.

Thanks y'all...
William Custer
To finish First you must first Finish

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Thanks y'all...

Get Willy down South for a weekend and he's already speaking Southern! LOL!

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 25,658 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I want to post a special shout-out to Jerry "Slot Doc" Milliken, who seemingly dedicated his entire weekend to helping the other racers if and when such help was needed.

Had trouble getting your car dialed in? There was Jerry, sharing his "home track advantage" knowledge. Break something after a wall-shot? Jerry would have your car in his hands at your pit repairing it before you could get over from the drivers panel.

This hobby would benefit enormously if we had more racers like Jerry, who know that helping others is the way to make it grow and proper.

Jerry, I'm proud to consider myself your friend!

It's truly great that Jerry has gotten involved with Retro.

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 692 Citadel Drive, Westmont, Illinois 60559

#6 Hworth08

Hworth08

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Jerry has had a lot of success over four decades now. He was a lot of pleasure to race with when the LaVernge track was in Clarksville a few years ago.

Don Hollingsworth
11/6/54-2/13/18
Requiescat in Pace

#7 Chris Barnes

Chris Barnes

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

For those who missed this race, there is another opportunity on May 18, at the Retro South race.  We will be racing Stock Cars, F1, and Can-Am.

Rick, please chime in on the particulars of the race coming up.

Hope to see as many of you that raced at the Shootout, and also those that missed it.

#8 slotdoc51

slotdoc51

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hey guys I just love to race and prmote any type of slot racing. I appreciate your comments. Thank you all!! :sun_bespectacled:

Jerry Milliken

Electric Dreams Online Shop