7 replies to this topic

#1 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hey Fellas,

As discussed last Thursday at the April C.A.R.S. meeting, we were thinking we should put together a list of what parts we are looking for and what we have...not so much what we have as I'm sure that's part of the fun to see what shows up....but nonetheless here are a few things I am looking for:

Bevel gear sets 3:1 and 3.5:1 - mostly in need of pinions for 3/32 motor shaft, and more specifically pinions that are fitted with a set screw.  The ones from Patto's Place are for 2mm motor shaft and won't fit, and the last pinion I soldered to a pittman motor ended up seizing the motor entirely because I'm awful with my flux!

Classic 1/8" post guide flags and weight/collars (can get the flags from Electric Dreams, but wanted to see what the club has in stock) - the weights are...in need more than the flag itself.  Just FYI, if you need braid for these flags or cox flags, etc, The Race Place stocks some BRM/Scale Auto parts and the braid for the flags for those cars would "fit the bill."

I know it's a long shot but I'm also looking for Cox SuperFlex lead wire.

I'm drawing a blank at the moment on what else, but I'm sure I'll come up with more as we approach our May meeting.

Let me know if you have the items above available for trade, I'm sure we can come up with a good swap.  Would also love to see what items you guys are after as well.

Regards,

Mikey

Mike DiVuolo

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

"Prosecutors will be violated"

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Mikey,

I'll take a look see for some bevel gears...I should have something along those lines.

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Inline chassis with hinge to fit my Dynamic GE motor

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#4 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Mikey,

The only setscrew beveled pinion I can think of is Atlas ... Try Mr. Coney for those.

While not a true member of the club ..... If you get feeling very fluxing daring you can have some of these..... :laugh2:

IMG_2796.JPG

Me?

• Speedway brand motor to axle bracket for padlock motors.
  • Front and/or rear wheels and tires for Classic Asp

Have parts will trade. :good:

Have gun can't travel. :o

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#5 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hey all thanks for the replies!

Pete:  Thank you for looking, I appreciate it!  I'm also looking for front wheels/tires similar to those found on your Kemtron Jaguar.  Specifically but not hard pressed, looking for 5-hole skinny 1/24 front rims.

Bob:  Thank you for the thought.  I think I can get the pinions off eBay but they are like $7.95 and I'm in trade mode at present.  With regards to your wants, while I have none myself, I suggest hooking up with either Ed Sourbeck at EJ's Hobbies (www.ejshobbies.com) to at least get one of his updated catalogs, or with Herman Steinmann at Herm's Slot Shop (www.vintageslotcars.com) and peruse his online catalogue of goodies.  Particularly this page: http://vintageslotca...talog4.htm#clss

I looked through VSRN and the catalogue doesn't mention what "style" wheels the asp has.  The dealer sheet shows a wheel with 4 holes.  Now, professor motor has 4-slot classic wheels in their catalogue, but they are slots, not holes!  /shrug? Hehe.  Pete may be able to help you find the wheels and tires Bob....he has built up one or two Asps...and let me tell you, they are beautiful! :)

Mikey

Mike DiVuolo

#6 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Bob,

You are indeed a member...running at the original RACE PLACE automatically means you're a lifetime member, like it or not !!! :laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

Mikey,

The only setscrew beveled pinion I can think of is Atlas ... Try Mr. Coney for those.

While not a true member of the club ..... If you get feeling very fluxing daring you can have some of these..... :laugh2:

attachicon.gifIMG_2796.JPG

Me?

• Speedway brand motor to axle bracket for padlock motors.
  • Front and/or rear wheels and tires for Classic Asp

Have parts will trade. :good:

Have gun can't travel. :o

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#7 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Thanks Pete,

I'm honored to be an honorary member. Clicking my heals together... "there's no place like...."  :laugh2:   :good:

Mikey or Pete, Are these those  :scratch_one-s_head:

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#8 mdiv

mdiv

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

:)

Looks good Bob, have tires to match?  Trying to think of what I could swap you for.

I still have the Kal-Kar chassis with the Hemi 16D motor we discussed....almost 2 years ago!  LOL! :)

Mikey

Mike DiVuolo

Electric Dreams Online Shop