The Ray Snodgrass Memorial
Featuring AAA/USAC - Indy Roadsters on the Phoenix Oval.
This thread will be the official location for rules and procedures.
Race date is - September 20, 2014
Registration closes - September 5, 2014
Racers who are interested in participating must 'sign up' in the Ray Snodgrass Memorial discussion thread before 9/5/14.
The 56 Ft. Phoenix Oval in Melbourne Florida.
Note: Track voltage will be set at – 11 VDC
AAA/USAC – Kurtis Indy Roadsters
To be considered as Final and Approved.
- Guide flag is not Parma the ‘cut down’.
- Motors must not be soldered in - to facilitate inspection that the Falcon II stamping is intact.
- Please engrave or mark your motors as you see fit.
All parts that come in the kit must be used, and for their intended purpose, unless noted below.
- C/R .010" lexan Kurtis Indy body
- One only stock, JK Falcon II motor (may not be squeezed, timing or bearings may not be adjusted/modified)
- One only JK D321 "straight" motor bracket. (see below)
- C/R .042" spring steel guide tongue (see below)
- Protrack #400 3/32" axle fronts (see below)
- Protrack N241 1/8" axle rears (see below)
- ARP 48 P 8T solder on pinion (must remain stock)
- Parma 48P 30T King crown gear (must remain stock)
- Parma 70223 cut down Blade guide (one only and blade not shortened)
- Koford M418 1/8" rear axle (may be shortened and flats installed, maximum of 3, maximum of .375" wide)
- 1 pair only, Champion 709 3/16" dia. x 1/8" ID, rear oilite bushings ( 1/4" dia. equivalent)
- C/R 2MM motor screws ( or equivalent size, American or Metric machine size, or self-tapping)
Chassis deign is unlimited except;
- Stock bracket must be used, with FII motor screwed into the bracket, in the stock position.With the large dia. tires, the bracket may be angled down. The only brass that can be removed is from reaming of the bearing holes, either to 7/32", for an axle tube, or 1/4", for direct installation of 1/4" OD bushings.
- One C/R guide tongue must be used, either stock or trimmed. No additional guide tongues may be used.
- Max chassis width is 1.400". (note body tapers in front)
- No part of chassis or guide shoe may be seen from above, other than axle tubes/axle spacers, axle tube bracing, axle bracing, rear bushings and wheel keepers.
- None of the above can extend more than .172" from the C/L of the F & R axles.
- Axle uprights must not be visible from above.
- IE-no A arm style chassis
- Front wheels may rotate independently on a fixed or rotating front axle.
- Metal on the front wheels must remain stock. IE-bushings can not be installed.
- Front wheels may rotate in an axle tube or in bushings.
- Front wheel set screws may be removed.
- Ball bearings are prohibited in the whole car.
- 3.875" wheelbase, + or - .032"
- No guide lead restrictions, other than guide may not be seen from above.
- Chassis and body must retain .050" clearance, front to rear, measured "retro style" with, guide NOT on block.
- 1.000 minimum dia. on front and rear tires.
- Fronts- .375" minimum width
- Rears- .375" minimum width, ..575" maximum width
- F & R maximum overall width- 3.125"
- Body must be painted, with a minimum of 3 numbers.
- Body must be trimmed at cut line, + or -, .032"
- Body must installed on chassis with the axles in the approx. stock mounting position,
- as indicated by the mold marks in the body. C/L of front axle can not be any further back than
- 1.180" from furthest forward part of body.
- No minimum weight required, but 100+ G recommended.
$10.00 car entry fee per car is to be paid to Track Owner -
Bill Pinch via PayPal with fee paid as family/friend (entrant pays PayPal fee) @ - email@example.com
Ship cars to:
RACE PACE Bodies
ATTN: Bill Pinch
1351 Cibola Dr,
Melbourne, FL 32934
- Please provide shipper tracking number info to: Bob I. Racers-Image@earthlink.net - and also Bill Pinch -firstname.lastname@example.org
- All shipping charges to and from the event and any requested return insurance/customs costs are on the racer.
- Cars will be returned in original senders package. Please pack accordingly.
- Box plaques will be packed with the cars for the return trip.
"Feed the Crew" and "Box plaque Awards" any help would be appreciated.
Sorry no live stream internet capability at this location.
Pictures - Will be posted here on Slotblog and a good possibility on the TheRaceway.biz Facebook page.
Gator Bob –
Race Director and Promoter - Via Slotblog PM or email Racers-Image@earthlink.net.
Bill Pinch –
Track Owner and Promoter - email email@example.com
1220 Sarno Road
MELBOURNE, FL 32935
Toll Free: (866) 845-4559
Evening: (321) 600-4951