31 replies to this topic

#26 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

John,

I think Craig is hanging in there but I haven't talked to him for a while.  I spoke to Jim Lange yesterday and he said he would certainly help out in any way in Retro Pro at BPR.  He is trying to get some pics from James Grinstead and post them and the results from the Boola Bash race.

No 24 Hr Enduro is planned......... :heat:

Bryan,,,so many 24hr enduro's have been "Done"……Im going to hold a 48hr F1 enduro soon,,,stay tuned……………..lol………..DC

Don Campbell 
"DCR Slot Cars" on FaceBook

#27 smokie

smokie

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

The next planned Nascar event will be early next year and will be 24 HRS.  3 man teams.  One hour heats....................

RECOVER??!!!................. The ambulances would be circling Buena Park!! :laugh2:

how about using all 3 tracks. 4 man team. each member runs 8 15min. heats on each track. First 8 hours are on the flat track, then the kingleman, and end on the king.

we did that at Harbo's up in stockton years ago. we even had to have lights on the cars (LED's) during the evening hours. lights were turned off around the track...it was challenging, but loads of fun. we had 5 teams and it was challenging to stay awake. 

Jeff Bigelow
"It's not about winning or losing the race,
it's about how good you look for the concours judge"

#28 DPmax

DPmax

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

Jeff, does "years ago" mean the same thing as "when we were young enough not to die during an enduro race"?  :D

Max Bowers

#29 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

how about using all 3 tracks. 4 man team. each member runs 8 15min. heats on each track. First 8 hours are on the flat track, then the kingleman, and end on the king.

we did that at Harbo's up in stockton years ago. we even had to have lights on the cars (LED's) during the evening hours. lights were turned off around the track...it was challenging, but loads of fun. we had 5 teams and it was challenging to stay awake. 

………Don't forget the drag strip……………………………oh,,and there is the HO track to!……………….DC

Don Campbell 

#30 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

How about and endless enduro, run until no one is left.
  • DCR likes this

Anthony 'Tonyp' Przybylowicz

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#31 smokie

smokie

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

the "24 hours of Harbos" was run about 7 years ago. I brought my recreational trailer down to act as a place to rest between races and to prepare sandwiches and stuff. Each team would have someone driving, someone to pit the car, someone to corner marshal, and someone able to get in a nap/ whatever. As it got dark, we turned the lights off over the tracks and would race in the dark. Vitter (Dave Larson) has photographs from the event. Having working headlights was mandatory: if they weren't glowing, it was a black flag.

each team was allowed to have 2 matching bodies, and all repairs and tire changes were done under green flag. some people brought patio folding recliners to sleep in, and there was a 50 cup coffee maker at the ready....

looking back, we were INSANE to attempt doing it, but it was the most fun I've ever had at a slot car race...

Jeff Bigelow
"It's not about winning or losing the race,
it's about how good you look for the concours judge"

#32 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

the "24 hours of Harbos" was run about 7 years ago. I brought my recreational trailer down to act as a place to rest between races and to prepare sandwiches and stuff. Each team would have someone driving, someone to pit the car, someone to corner marshal, and someone able to get in a nap/ whatever. As it got dark, we turned the lights off over the tracks and would race in the dark. Vitter (Dave Larson) has photographs from the event. Having working headlights was mandatory: if they weren't glowing, it was a black flag.

each team was allowed to have 2 matching bodies, and all repairs and tire changes were done under green flag. some people brought patio folding recliners to sleep in, and there was a 50 cup coffee maker at the ready....

looking back, we were INSANE to attempt doing it, but it was the most fun I've ever had at a slot car race...

Hope to see you at the "DCR 48hrs of Pain" in 2016……..Im trying to line-up having Donald Trump stop by to say "Hi" and race a heat or 2…DC

Don Campbell 

Electric Dreams Online Shop