• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Sunday's special Mini Cooper race had a mini size field with the heavy rains all day in SoCal. 
4 Minis battled providing a maxi day of fun racing at Buena Park Raceway. 

Some of us have been talking about racing Mini Coopers for several years now. We finally had a race for these tiny cars. Small but mighty, demanding full attention by each racer as they battled each other as well as keeping their cars in the slot.
The 4 Mini Coopers were driven by Gonzo (Hector Gonzalez), Jim Lane, Tim Herrera and myself. Gonzo's Mini was by far the best handling as he easily sped by each of us in the corners on a regular basis. I've included photos of Gonzo's car as well as two others in the race report (see link below for report).

In addition to the Mini race, we also had a Mixed race consisting of 4 very fast cars, three of which either are the current lap total record holders or previous record holder. This race indeed proved to be a very, very fast race.
Gonzo's Honda 2000 FPS (Foreign Production Sports) battled Eddie Shorer's fast Porsche 962 all race long. Jim Lane was also very fast with his '53 Corvette. Tim Herrera was no slouch as his 962 was also very fast.
In the end, Gonzo's Honda won (after the Lap Differential was applied) with Fast Eddie 2nd and Jim Lane 3rd.

Thanks to Debby and Jim Watterson (and Eddie) for supporting D3 Hardbody racing at Buena Park Raceway.
Thanks to our race directors, Eddie Shorer and Jim Watterson.

Here's the race/photo report: https://socald3.smug...ni-Cooper-race/

Our next monthly hardbody races on Sunday, Feb. 19th. BPR opens at 10 am, Mixed race at noon followed by GTP/Mid-Engine/NASCAR race.

The Annual D3 Hardbody Enduro team sign-ups continue with room for two more teams (8 teams of 3 drivers total). We'll try to sign-up two more teams at our next monthly races in February.
I'll post the enduro teams soon at our blog website (proboards). 

Read more: http://d3hardbodyracing.proboards.com

D3 Hardbody Racing website: http://www.hardbodyracing.com/

Keith :)

• slotbaker and JRE like this

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 Mach9

Mach9

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Just took a peek over at your web site. Those cars are just flat-out cool !

Mack Johnson
'86 Mustang footbraker
6.435 @ 104 MPH
NC Slot Car Tracks - Past and Present

#3 MarcusPHagen

MarcusPHagen

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

Wanted to read the race report & see these cars, but the link appears to be broken.

Marcus.

Marcus P. Hagen -- see below, my five favorite quotes: applicable to slot cars & life in general.
[ "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.". . Daniel Patrick Moynihan ]
[ "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its students.". . . . . . . . Hector Berlioz ]
[ "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness." . . . . . . . . . . . Dave Barry ]
[ "Build what you like to build, they are all doomed." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Prof. Fate ]
[ "The less rules the more fun. Run what you brung." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Larry LS ]

#4 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:27 AM

I just updated the link (see post #1) to show the Mini race report from our new Smugmug website.

Keith

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#5 slotbaker

slotbaker

Dan Gurney Fan

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:55 AM

Awesome little cars.

I've got a Tamiya kit in the long queue, and there is some nice inspiration in those cars.

:)

Steve King

Electric Dreams Online Shop