#1 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hello Racers,

Doug will be hosting retro racing at Southern Colorado Slot Cars in Pueblo on the 18 of August. I'd like to hear from each of you if you plan to race. I'd also like to know if you can't make it. For the majority of our group in the northern part of the state, it is a long drive, at least 2 hours each way for most and 3 hours each way for several of us. For that reason, I would like to know if we will have enough to race and have marshals. It takes a minimum off 4 marshals for that track, so if we have 8 racers we can have 4 racing and 4 marshaling. As always, more is better.

I won't plan to go unless we can get a minimum of 8 racers to commit to racing on the 18th.

Please let me know either way.

Thanks

Paul Murr

#2 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

Also, If another date works better for you and you will commit to it, I'd like to know that too.

Paul Murr

#3 Richard G With

Richard G With

Outside Agitator

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:58 AM

A bit off topic, but two of us from Wichita along with one of the KC area guys are hoping to get to your Sept event.

We must all do what we must do, for if we do not, then what we must do does not get done.  Chung Mee

Parkes, W. (Producer) & Meyer, N. (Director). (1985). Volunteers.[Motion picture]. United States: HBO.

#4 raisin27

raisin27

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

I guess it all depends on your perspective, a 2 hour drive would be a close race for me.

• JimF likes this
Michael Garrett

Proud to drive an American car, from an American manufacturer, assembled by American workers.

I own a car from each of the big three: I have a Ford, a Mercury, and a Lincoln.

#5 Richard G With

Richard G With

Outside Agitator

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

I agree, Raisin! My bunch plan to do the Dallas race this month if they open in time.
Pueblo is 7+ for us but we want to go in Sept if there's likely to be attendance.

But 8 racers in a 4 x 4 format? Probably not.

We must all do what we must do, for if we do not, then what we must do does not get done.  Chung Mee

Parkes, W. (Producer) & Meyer, N. (Director). (1985). Volunteers.[Motion picture]. United States: HBO.

#6 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

With the 18th approaching, I have heard from 8 racers, with only 3 willing to commit to the date. That would be 4 racers counting me. If we don't have 8 by tomorrow evening, the race will be cancelled and we will try again in September.

Paul Murr

#7 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:59 AM

I guess it all depends on your perspective, a 2 hour drive would be a close race for me.

I hear you Michael, but I still wouldn't drive across town for a 4 person race. Certainly not 3 hours away.

Paul Murr

#8 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

We still have only 4 racers. We will have to start making plans for next month.

Paul Murr

#9 Richard G With

Richard G With

Outside Agitator

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

September 15: two of us from Wichita (KS) and maybe one from KC area depending on his work schedule.

Plan to get to the track at opening Fri evening. Anyone care to recommend an inexpensive non smoking motel near the track?

#10 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:03 PM

Richard,

Most of the motels are clustered along I-25, about 5 miles from the track. Prices range from about $60 to $140. I don't live in Pueblo, so I really don't know which ones are better. The only one I have stayed in is the Hampton Inn. It was nice and clean for about $115. Maybe one of the Pueblo racers will chime in with a better answer..

Paul Murr

#11 Paul5097

Paul5097

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

Also, I believe most of the motels in Colorado are non-smoking now, as are the restaurants.

• Richard G With likes this
Paul Murr

Electric Dreams Online Shop