No replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Motown:

Gene and family will be closed on Saturday the 20th so get your setups done before then.

This race will be "normal" format with doors opening 10AM Sunday, first race at noon.

• Cam Am on the Hillclimb @ 12:00
  • Stock Car on the Hillclimb to follow
  • F-1 on the Korkscrew

Setups: My last trip down was a week ago. Track conditions were very good. Nothing too different from me this time but here's what I'm planning.

• Can Am: Very normal stuff 9-28 gearing on a 108 gr. car. Probably the same car that I ran @ Rocklin in September. Lola body was better last time out @ Motown than the TI-22 I've been mostly using. My regular tire choice is JK 8713PP but Alpha Big Full hubs also good
  • Stock Cars: Even though we are on a fast track, I'll be running pretty heavy (135 gr or more) 9-29 always seems to feel the best on these cars. For tires, I had best luck with either the JK 8783PP or some Koford Soft Wonder. Some JK treated 8763 were also pretty good. These cars are probably more variable than anything else we run.
  • F-1: I did more experimenting with these cars than with the others but reached no different conclusions that I've always used. 118 gr. car with Matra body and 8-29 gears. I did have one car that ran notably better with the lower downforce Lotus 49 that I sometimes use but it wasn't my best car. Small hub tires have usually been my choice and have been using JK and Alphas pretty interchangeably.

November race scheduled for FTH in Rocklin:

I know that Dwight and crew have finished the move out and vacated the building. I do not have confirmation of a new location yet. I would like to race at their new location if possible but I suspect that may not be possible. I will give it until next weekend and then make the call as to whether we will go back to Motown for our November race.

Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop