Photo

Help me find Charlie Harris 1967 race reports?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brucefl

brucefl

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

The CD I bought is missing 1967, and there's one I am looking for but I'm missing every month except February of that year. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help,. Thanks.

Bruce Schwartz

#2 Uncle Fred

Uncle Fred

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Bruce, I see that there are a number of sites that deal with magazines from that era but it's probably going to take a lot of research to find a particular article.  

Charlie Harris was a good friend of mine and both my liaison to Dyna-Wind and transportation to major races. What particular race were you interested in? Maybe I remember it...

Fred Correnti

#3 brucefl

brucefl

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hi Fred,its good to hear from yo,thanks for chiming in.

It was my first race, a gp race,charlie covered but I cant remember its name,I believe it was an amateur race,where charlie made joking references about me,saying that even with tne help of big jim greenaway I had more misfortune,and jokingly said I got the tough lucksy award,Gunther Faas had given me one of his cars for the race.

I used to have the magazine that the race report was in but in moving lost it,and i dont remember what month,except i know its not the february edition of car model,I hope that helps,I want to share it with my great nieces and nephews,who need a little pep talk,and showing them that I entered a race and eventhough I had misfortune,I eventually succeeded in life which they are only seeing the downside of their failures,plus after searching for it I feel like im in the twilight zone and it never occurred,for that matter the 60s&70s of slots seems to be a figment of my imagination,if it werent for my brother in law who first brought me to glen oaks and we raced on the track by the front door with his midget racers,I would be sure it was just a dream.

Thanks again Fred you ve saved the day before with finding Roy wong,so this is small potatoes,as charlie used to say thumbs down,as in cox thumb controllers.

Bruce Schwartz

Electric Dreams Online Shop