• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:51 AM

i own an original 1960's LS Ford Gt and the same body i found in an ARII model kit. Now i have seen the Ford GT model kit by the same LS company that i am guessiing has been re-issued by ARII? Anyone know the history of LS- slot cars, model kits, when started, still in business?  Is the ARII model kit maker related to LS? thanks for any info

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing
C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Allan Feldman

Allan Feldman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

I too have the ARII Ford GT and Chaparral 2C while I cannot offer too much information on LS. Since when I first heared of this make it was for Model gun kits! I know that moulds for kits were passed on to different manufacturers like some of the original IMC kits that went to Testor's as the fastest Fords series and then went onto the Japanese firm Union; who brought out some of the IMC kits and some Heller kits as well. However the LS and ARII are the same moulds. Like Fallers and Atlas GT40 having the same body but different chassis. Recently the 1965 Ford GT Aurora kit being reissued by Revell/Monogram. Where there's useable moulds there's money. You only have to look to the current's Airfix catalogue bringing out old tooling and artwork and admitting it; along side new tooling to cut down costs.

Regards Allan

#3 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

wow, i am surprised: nobody out there knows about the LS company?? There is one guy out there, lives in California, that knows plenty....maybe he missed this topic?/   :)

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing
C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

Electric Dreams Online Shop