• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Has there be any talk with the track owners about anything new yet? Since some of the BoD are stepping down, I would think it should be just track owners that run the series anyway.

Brian Ambrose

#2 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

The raceway owners have always had the option to be the sole organizers of a series.  Us racers can't force them to do anything. 

The raceway owners have the most to lose so they can, and should, always have the final say.  Without them, we have no place to race.

As far as any changes, I'm wondering if the Orca body should not be allowed anymore.  It seems like the LMP class might have turned into the Orca class, making all of the other LMP bodies obsolete.

#3 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

Dale youre not 100% correct. There has been 2 racers that dont own a track and 1 of those making more decisions than 2 of the track owners.

Orca body hasnt been the only one to win LMP. If you think that body shouldnt be legal because you think ALL RACERS use that body,,, what about the RTR Titan and the O/S Bentley? 99% of racers do use those bodies as well including yourself.

Brian Ambrose

#4 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:01 PM

So let us understand where you are coming from on your post. Brian, you are the racer who at the last FSCS race,

1) brought to the LMP tech table a body that appeared to be painted with a felt tip magic marker and got bounced from tech,

and 2) brought to the GTP tech table an illegal body and got bounced, and going back to your slot car box throwing the car,

and 3) when advised to read the rules, you said "some of us work, I don't have time to read the rules" and "I am done with this series".

So, are you telling us now that you will read the rules after any new changes are made and maybe enter?  :laugh2:

Just setting the record straight.

Doc Dougherty
GRRR 2016 GT Coupe and Stock Car Champion and Overall Champion
My Series Spring 2016 4" NASCAR, JK LMP State Champion, and Endurance State Champion
My Series 2015 4" NASCAR, GTP and Endurance State Champion
​GRRR 2015 4 1/2" and F1 Champion
​GRRR 2013 & 2014 Evil Flexi Champion
1968 Cleveland Car Model Series race winner - Tom Thumb Raceway, North Royalton, Ohio
​1968 Hinsdale ARCO Amateur runner-up
1967 Parma Raceway Indy 500 Champion

#5 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

Concerning the FSCS directors. There are 5 directors, 3 raceway owners and 2 racers. For any measure to pass, 3 directors must vote "yes". Its pretty simple, a majority must vote positive for any new rule to be implemented.

Doc Dougherty
My Series Spring 2016 4" NASCAR, JK LMP State Champion, and Endurance State Champion
1968 Cleveland Car Model Series race winner - Tom Thumb Raceway, North Royalton, Ohio

#6 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

I did not bring a LMP car to tech. That car was destroyed in practice because I came up on Marcus friend DanI I think is his name to fast in the bank. That was was totaled. It went in the garbage can. NASCAR I did bring up to tech and was bounced because you can see the chassis though the paint. Which was raced the month before. So it was a surprise to me. just inconsistent tech no worries that will not happen again. In GTP again I wasnt able to race a body that was raced the month before which BTW was painted for the series by Bill Pinch and was raced by another racer that loaned me the body the month before, again that will never happen again. Yes I said I was done with the FSCS, however its no secret my mouth spews $ hit before my brain reacts.

I was simply asking this question because I heard talk before everyone left the last race at Fast Eddies and was wounding what the outcome was if there was one. Once again I wasnt trying to start crap but others seem to take it that way.

Brian Ambrose

#7 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:49 AM

I stand by what I wrote above. You committed several slot car felonies. You should be smart enough to know that if your or someone else's body gets through tech one race, does not make that car legal for the next race. Same goes for the motor, guide flags, etc. etc.

The FSCS must do a better job in tech. Too many things have gotten past the tech inspectors. It would be very good for the series if we had the same competent tech inspector at each race.

It is my recommendation that we allow just 2 or 3 bodies in each car class (or maybe just one spec body). The closest racing we ever had was in the JK spec GT1/LMP class. 

Another idea that was kicked around was spec pinions. I am not a fan of spec pinions, but if it makes for closer racing AND can get new racers into the series, I am for it.

Doc Dougherty

#8 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:25 AM

... just track owners that run the series anyway.

Dale youre not 100% correct. There has been 2 racers that dont own a track and 1 of those making more decisions than 2 of the track owners.

My point is that the track owners can, at any time, and always have had, the option, of being the only voters. I can only guess as to why they have allowed non-owners to be voting members of the board.

In any case, the three owners are a majority of the BoD so, in that way, they will typically have the final say.

• DOCinCanton likes this

#9 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:32 AM

Orca body hasnt been the only one to win LMP. If you think that body shouldnt be legal because you think ALL RACERS use that body,,, what about the RTR Titan and the O/S Bentley? 99% of racers do use those bodies as well including yourself.

I'll race whatever the rules allow.

The reason I brought up the Orca body was because I had discussed it with Marcus, and he felt that maybe the LMP class was better when there were a lot of choices in bodies that had the potential of being as fast as the others.

Maybe he wants to be able to sell the LMP bodies he has hanging on the wall.

#10 Jay Guard

Jay Guard

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

My point is that the track owners can, at any time, and always have had, the option, of being the only voters.  I can only guess as to why they have allowed non-owners to be voting members of the board.

In any case, the three owners are a majority of the BOD so, in that way, they will typically have the final say.

In reality part of the reason there are two racers (BTW I'm one of them) on the FSCS BoD is it gives the racers some, but not a dominate voice in the decisions. It's true without the raceways there will be no racing but it also goes the other way around if you have no racers.

Another thing is the track owners all have full-time jobs and tend not to be very responsive on Slotblog. Doc and I are retired and we keep a pretty good eye on Slotblog and I feel this is a benefit to the series.

• DOCinCanton likes this

Jay Guard

IRRA Board of Directors (2022-Present),

Gator Region Retro Racing Co-Director (2021-Present)

SERRA Co-Director (2009-2013)

IRRA BoD advisor (2007-2010)

Team Slick 7 member (1998-2001)

Way too serious Retro racer

#11 Tampabay racer

Tampabay racer

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:54 PM

No disrespect to Doc or Jay,,, you 2 are a bit old fashion and need to let loose on a few things. Which I am also old fashion on many things in life,,, its not all a bad thing. Obviously this is solely my opinion. I dont see limiting all classes to a specific Couple bodies to help out with anything. Might as well put the beater handling bodies to the lower qualifying drivers and the bricks to the upper qualifying drivers.

Brian Ambrose

Electric Dreams Online Shop