• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NHBandit

NHBandit

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

Walked into a local antique shop a couple weeks ago that's been closed for years. I happened to be driving by and the doors were open. Seems the man who ran it as an auto parts store for many years had passed away and his son has just recently decided to turn it into an antique shop. It's still mostly full of old auto parts but he is in the process of inventorying all of that and trying to sell it and putting out some antiques as he finds them. It's a 3 story building that's full of old stuff. Scored a box of vintage 1/24 scale stuff and in the pile was this car I wasn't familiar with. After talking to some friends on another forum and looking at pics on the LASCM site it's my belief that I have a Unique RTR Ford GT Roadster that is pretty much complete as sold in the mid 60s. The Blue car. Odd chassis design with the motor and rear axle hanging below the chassis. It's also adjustable. The picture of the box is taken from Ebay to show how they are made. I didn't get the box with the car. The first couple of pics are of all the cars that were in the box. A Classic Manta Ray style chassis with another Ford GT Roadster body (Yellow), a BZ Ford GT which was one of their early cars that used an almost identical chassis to the Classic style (Red) which both have had K&B motors swapped in, and the Unique car. I believe it to be mostly original with the exception of the rear wheels. If anyone has any chrome plated 4 spoke BZ wheels let me know. I think I did ok for 20 bucks for the whole box... 

Attached Images

• IMG_4369.JPG
  • IMG_4370.JPG
  • Unique RTR.JPG
  • Unique chassis.jpg

• slotbaker, Pablo, Ramcatlarry and 2 others like this

Mark Sturtevant  

#2 Alchemist

Alchemist

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

Very nice find Mark!

A belated  "Greetings and welcome" to Slotblog.

Thank you for sharing your "score".

Ernie

• NHBandit likes this
Ernie Layacan

Electric Dreams Online Shop