• 9,765 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

• jimht, slotbaker, triggerman and 11 others like this

Jairus H Watson - Artist
Need something painted, soldered, carved, or killed? - jairuswtsn@aol.com

www.slotcarsmag.com

www.jairuswatson.net
http://www.ratholecustoms.com
Check out some of the cool stuff on my Fotki!

#2 olescratch

olescratch

olescratch

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Awesome! That's how you get this hobby out there, publicity!

John Stewart

#3 Highnoon

Highnoon

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

Cool, we raced those for a short while in cleveland Ohio  but they never caught on big time. We moved on to 1/24 road course racing in the car model magazine sponsored race series.

I can remember racing for a while in weekly races that were at a  short lived track in rocky river Ohio, big swoopy thing maybe a 220 Englemen type track like Brooklyn raceway had.

My car had the open front wheels, drop axle, some skinny fronts, steel guide tongue, 2 rails of piano wire, brass strip with nuts soldered on and then screws to mount the body, brass  motor bracket, in-line, had 1/8” axles and I had some black tires that were silicone covered, motor was a bud stordahl 26d dyna rewind from Detroit. The motor, tires, axles came from my hardbody parma figure 8 stock car.  Car was a rocket but handled like crap. Would race once a week at rocky river, take the motor, tires and axle out and put them in my stock car and then race at parma on stock car night.

but got tired of them and started racing on Parma’s back 1/32 track as road racing was the new hot thing. Thingies and stock cars died. Ken tore out the 8 and build the Parma King and the rest is history.

• Jairus likes this
Gary Cooper

#4 The Sawdust Man

The Sawdust Man

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:46 AM

Awesome!

Eliot is the man (:

And I love your two lime green Sawdust Man Slot Car Boxes!!

• NSwanberg likes this
Robert Manzitti

#5 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,815 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

I'm not a big fan of thingies, but this video was very well done. The car(s) built by Jairus really stuck out, especially the gold leaf numbers & hand-lettering. I enjoyed the fact that there are still a few authentic Shinoda cars & chassis out there. It was interesting hearing how some of them were found. Next time I view this video, I'll have to stop it for better chassis views..

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#6 elvis44102

elvis44102

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

Cool, we raced those for a short while in cleveland Ohio  but they never caught on big time. We moved on to 1/24 road course racing in the car model magazine sponsored race series.

I can remember racing for a while in weekly races that were at a  short lived track in rocky river Ohio, big swoopy thing maybe a 220 Englemen type track like Brooklyn raceway had.

My car had the open front wheels, drop axle, some skinny fronts, steel guide tongue, 2 rails of piano wire, brass strip with nuts soldered on and then screws to mount the body, brass  motor bracket, in-line, had 1/8” axles and I had some black tires that were silicone covered, motor was a bud stordahl 26d dyna rewind from Detroit. The motor, tires, axles came from my hardbody parma figure 8 stock car.  Car was a rocket but handled like crap. Would race once a week at rocky river, take the motor, tires and axle out and put them in my stock car and then race at parma on stock car night.

but got tired of them and started racing on Parma’s back 1/32 track as road racing was the new hot thing. Thingies and stock cars died. Ken tore out the 8 and build the Parma King and the rest is history.

Gary that Parma road course was something else..reminds me of Lyle Jenkins and Perry celashi..i never learned how to drive that track lol yet i won some 16 and under race that ken made a big deal about..i think i was the only semi fast guy whose car didn't die during the race

John Wisneski

Electric Dreams Online Shop