• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 MattD

MattD

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:19 AM

You haven't said if you ran a car yet. Just touching power to the track braid to see if a car runs. I probably would have done that when I got the track braiding done. Just to convince myself it actually works!

Matt Bishop

#27 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:40 AM

Matt,

No, I haven't even turned the power pack on. Everything is hooked up but there's still braids to connect on the bottom. The way this track is built it's really hard to get to a lot of them. Before I turn the power pack on I need to vacuum the track to make sure there are no strands of copper braid shorting anything out. I've been putting off testing it because I want to know if it works but I don't want to know if I screwed something up.  :laugh2:

• tonyp, Half Fast, Steve Deiters and 2 others like this

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do it's because I missed my exit. 
All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#28 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:02 PM

I fired it up today.

Red lane  :good: 
White lane  :good:  
Green lane  :good: 
Orange lane  :good: 
Blue lane  :good: 
Yellow lane  :good: 

It's going to take a lot of practice to get your timing down and lots of laps on the track to get it run in.

• Cheater, Steve Deiters, Tim Neja and 3 others like this

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#29 Alchemist

Alchemist

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 04:08 PM

Happy Holidays Butch!

The color of your track is so "holiday" appropriate and if I may say so,  it would look simply fantastic under/next to my Christmas Tree - LOL!

Your track builds are "suprecalifragilistically" fantastic!

Thanks for sharing.

Ernie

• Pappy and Tim Neja like this
Ernie Layacan

#30 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:34 AM

Just wanted to say that the LapMaster lap counter is in and working. Best lap so far is a 8.45 on Red (the longest lane). Red is the only lane I've run any laps on. I used a Group C Slot It with the stock orange endbell motor on 11.5 volts. I think I can get into the high 7's with that car. The track has pretty good traction when the tires are clean. It should get better after a few thousand laps are put down.

When I hooked up the lap counter last night it didn't work. I thought it might be a problem with installing the program into the computer. The cord from the lap counter box had an adapter to go from the pin connection to a USB connection into the computer. I took the adapter off and used the pin connection and it fired right up like it is supposed to.

• Zippity, Tim Neja and MattD like this

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

2000 Jackasses

#31 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:53 PM

Here's a short video of Butch testing a car on his new track.

• NJ Racer and Steve Ogilvie like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop