• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#51 team burrito

team burrito

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

I totally disagree with the RFR, but that's me. Part of racing is building a car that will go the distance and finish without getting the benefit of being able to be worked on by turning off the track for those who can't. Sorry, I am old school.

Finally, somebody understands what I'm trying to say! It's up to the race director to make the track calls, not the drivers. Drivers should look ahead to avoid crashes, that's what the fast guys do. Slot car racing is suppose to emulate real racing, that's why we have front wheels in the first place. Ron and I must have went to the same school and we like it that way! :laugh2:
  • slotdoc51 likes this
Russ Toy (not Troy)
First Place Loser in the JK Products
International D3 Builders Competition

#52 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I have seen racers here in NZ who have deliberately called "Track!!" so as to retain their lead (advantage) in a race.

Invariably when the track call has been given, I have simply unplugged my controller and walked away from the race.

Cheating like this, in my mind, is the lowest trick of all. :(
Ron Thornton

#53 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Zip, I attended a race this year where that exact scenario played out, leader deslotted right in front of a marshall, yelled track, got it, and the beat goes on. Sucks.

This topic is not popular with old school racers and never will be. It was an attempt to try to make it a less win as to have more fun format. Allow everyone to race as much as possible. I doubt it will be universally accepted and should be closed because it will drift way off topic.

I have raced in so many different formats it's hard to count, have thought some were stupid but when you race "their" way of racing and they have 20-35 people present and racing and having fun, who to say who is correct? I have seen crash and burn events with heats scored in points, starting every heat over at the start/finish line, timed heats, lap heats. It all boils down to, "when in Rome"... and anyone has the option to not participate if they do not agree with the procedure.

Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products
LIKE my Facebook page for updates, new releases, and sales: Rgeo Slots...

Lead! The easy equalizer...

#54 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Thank you, Rick! Finally someone gets it! I knew there was something I liked about you... besides your great products and service! Posted Image

Roger Holtsclaw

Electric Dreams Online Shop