Then stop bitching.

Philippe de Lespinay

#52 Jonathan Forsyth

Jonathan Forsyth

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

Looks like you guys had a great event. I checked in here and there on the webcam, and it looked great. Congrats to the winners, you are all fine racers that I have raced in the past. Howie has been telling me this is one of the best races around. I wanted to come, but financials didn't allow it this year. However I will definately be looking to attend next year. The track looks awesome to, a King that you have to drive.

Now where to get those IRRA cars from? :rolleyes:
Team Parma/PSE
Third Eye Technology

#53 RPM

RPM

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Member at Peace
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hey Rick,

Time to open R-Geo Raceway again and show us how it's done by hosting the "Blue King Blowout Retro Race"

Rande
Rande "RPM" Marshall
8/16/55-9/16/17
Requiescat in Pace

#54 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

Mikes, I know that was the semi. But 290 is a lot more perfect race than 288. Lol...average of 4.966 per lap. That is sure faster than I can run for 24 minutes.

Anthony 'Tonyp' Przybylowicz

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#55 911GT3

911GT3

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

Any of the current lap counting systems knows a car's actual position on the track only when it crosses the dead strip. Any partial lap is a calculated estimate of some distance (location) on the track.

For example if a normal lap is 10 seconds and a car passes the lap counter with 5 seconds to go the lap counting system calculates that the car went half way around the track.

When the heat restarts, the lap counter doesn't care where the care is located on the track, it waits until the car passes the lap counter again to credit the car with a lap. In a perfect world, the first lap would be 5 seconds. Having been able to witness this a few times this past weekend, this is how all lap counting system work. Some lap counting systems just don't show an estimate of how for the car went after the car is after passing the lap counter at the end of the stint.

If one is adding the lap totals including partial laps from each of the stint results, the overall totals would be too high.

To figure total distance traveled during a race, round all but the final stint down.

To add to the confusion, using the zones (anything to the right of the decimal point) and the laps (left of the decimal point) one could calculate a more accurate distance traveled during any stint. For example, the first stint on RED resulted in 30.9 laps. Second stint on Green resulted in 32 laps (the car stopped on the lap counter). The actual distance traveled during the Green stint is 32.1. After two stints the overall distance traveled remains 62 laps.

Eric Balicki

Electric Dreams Online Shop