• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

i have an MPC  SC-100 that is packed in a plain white box, no marking, inside has a cardboard shelf that is cut out to hold the car in place. Only paperwork is an MPC generic Dyn-O-Charger sheet. Anyone know anything about this packaging? Was it from Sears? Mail order from MPC??

thanks  :)

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing
C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

What color is the body, are there any decals(sears) ?

#3 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

In those plain-Jane boxes, the cars were either blue or vacuum plated in chrome color. I believe that the SC100 came with only one type of decals regardless of the version.
Not only the SC100 but the Scarab, Lancia-Ferarri and a later Pontiac GTO were also produced in those white boxes.
In all my research I was never able to find out the actual purpose of these models, but obviously they are out there!

2010-03-01 166.JPG

Philippe de Lespinay

#4 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hi Dokk, thanks for the reply. Mine is blue, no decals. Did not know about the chromed version- I like it! We will have to keep on doing research, as there must be some purpose to selling them in plain white boxes.

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

#5 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

It appears that there may be at least 3 colours and at least 2 decal types. On the MPC box is a drawing of the blue car with the DYN-O  SC 100 decal type with 2 white stripes on the front and some yellow stripes and a Sears logo. At this time MPC used the the spelling DYN-O-CHARGER and also DYNO-SC-100 printed on the box both ways. Now according to this post from 2012 post #8, it appears that a Gold version is owned by member Eldon Adams, with the Stars and Stripes Decal #555. Also in the Sears catalogue , a silver version with the Stars and Stripes Decal #555 is pictured.

http://slotblog.net/...plated-version/

#6 sportblazer350

sportblazer350

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

Gary,thanks for that link. yes- the blue car pictured In the plain white box is the exact car and box I have. Guess I am missing some paperwork, but I am pleased that my car appears to be Mint/NOS condition. Great Sears ad too, need to hunt down some of those catalogs. I would assume then that the MPC plain white boxes were to sell off left over inventory through Sears, saving $$ on the (better) color boxes.

Glenn Orban
NJ Vintage Racing
NJ Scale Racing

Electric Dreams Online Shop