• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 iv_man

iv_man

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:28 AM

In my case I am using the sensitivity knob as the 'speed' setting for the antibrake.  Like the very first part of the trigger causing the car to move.  But I have put an adjustable timer on to set the time (think distance) of the powered roll on.  When that time is up the car is in effect still coasting but in reality you've already driven away through the next part of the track.

So with the timer the car will not keep rolling on like a train if you release the trigger.  Just for the time set so maybe a few feet or more depending on how you set the antibrake.

Hi Ivan, could you tell  (or show)  us what timer you used and how you hooked it up? If that isn't a trade secret of course...   :D

I really would like to experiment a bit with anti-bake, and your's seems an affordable approach towards this.

Thanks in advance

VBR

Raymond

Hey it's gone off the boil a little (this project) so not quite happy with it yet.  Not really a trade secret but would be nice if I shared something reliable!

Holidays here soon so you never know what I might get around to.

• F1fletch likes this

Ivan Bailey

#52 iv_man

iv_man

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:18 AM

So you dont have a full-time connection to power?  I'm building one similar to the components I see, but I was just going to connect to the 1st or 2nd band of the resistor network socket. What is the value of the pot you used?  But how did you build a timer circuit?

The value of the pot suits the timer circuit - whatever that is.  In my case I added a pot of the same value as the trim-pot that was on the timer circuit.  The range of the timer is preset by jumpers on the timer PCB.  In the beginning I had made the circuit from scratch, but you can buy these ready made very cheaply.  So I have adapted one to test.

The timer circuit makes a temporary connection to the first band on the resistor network.  And the duration of that connection is adjustable (roughly 0-1 second).  The car speed during anti-brake is whatever your controller sensitivity is set to (the slowest speed when you touch on the trigger).

Ivan Bailey

Electric Dreams Online Shop