Ampersand day?
#1
Posted 08 September 2026 - 11:47 AM
(Who thinks this stuff up?)
- Tex, Bill from NH and NSwanberg like this
#2
Posted 09 September 2026 - 08:13 AM
silly? yes. but even such a small distraction from the world of woes is welcome!
Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.
#3
Posted 09 September 2026 - 11:57 AM
#4
Posted 10 September 2026 - 07:53 AM
What a segue! An opportunity to help everyone here to prepare for a big one, coming up,
just under a month hence:
The first Tuesday of October is set aside each year to celebrate National Taco Day.
A time to reflect upon the importance of this vitally important, folded food form factor.
I wish all of you, in advance, the best possible National Taco Day, or Taco Tuesday.
May you celebrate with your family and friends, in a way that will be remembered
for generations.
- Tex, Phil Hackett, Dave Crevie and 2 others like this
Rob Hayes
Catfish International (HO) Speedway - The Brystal Catfish
Modelville Hobby and NERR - 1/24
MARC/New England - HO
#5
Posted 10 September 2026 - 11:58 AM
National taco day!
My mother made double-fried tacos and I could eat dozens of them. Although her background wasn't Mexican, very far from it, she learned Sonoran-style cooking from my grandmother. Anyway, anyone who thinks Taco Bell is Mexican food is sadly mistaken. I will now be on a quest to find "real" tacos... most likely El Tarasco, The Hacienda Del Rey, Paco's Tacos, King Taco or, perhaps, some little family-run stand somewhere.
Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.
#6
Posted 10 September 2026 - 02:17 PM
No tacos here. Fake ribs and "fortified" mashed potatoes for lunch. Talapia, baked to within an inch of it's life, and sprinkled with bread crumbs for dinner. Tater tots and spinach for sides. So tasty. (ugh!)
#7
Posted 10 September 2026 - 07:42 PM
The only good spinach is fresh spinach. How anyone can eat canned spinach is beyond me. (Dave, I'm not saying you don't have discerning taste. When ever anyone talks about spinach I have to assume they're speaking of *canned* spinach. Major league YUCK!)
Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.
#9
Posted 10 September 2026 - 11:46 PM
The only good spinach is fresh spinach. How anyone can eat canned spinach is beyond me. (Dave, I'm not saying you don't have discerning taste. When ever anyone talks about spinach I have to assume they're speaking of *canned* spinach. Major league YUCK!)
I don't get to choose what they serve here. The cook says "You eat what you get and like it". He's a former Navy cook, served on the Abraham Lincoln, the same flat top that was recently in the news for sailors jumping overboard because the living conditions on board were so bad.
- Tex likes this
#10
Posted 15 September 2026 - 11:59 AM
International dot day. Originally named for a series of childrens books about a creature
named Dot. Schools picked up the idea by having their students make pictures using dots, much like printed photographs are made. Not sure of the purpose, but I did it in school, and it is encouraged as a class activity in grade schools all over the world. Who knew?
#11
Posted 15 September 2026 - 12:00 PM
International dot day. Originally named for a series of childrens books about a creature
named Dot. Schools picked up the idea by having their students make pictures using dots, much like printed photographs are made. Not sure of the purpose, but I did it in school, and it is encouraged as a class activity in grade schools all over the world. Who knew?
#12
Posted 15 September 2026 - 12:00 PM
International dot day. Originally named for a series of childrens books about a creature
named Dot. Schools picked up the idea by having their students make pictures using dots, much like printed photographs are made. Not sure of the purpose, but I did it in school, and it is encouraged as a class activity in grade schools all over the world. Who knew?
- Tex likes this
#13
Posted 22 September 2026 - 03:37 PM
Today is "No Cars Day". We aren't supposed to drive any cars today. The Eco Boys say we can reduce polution. So if most public transportation also uses infernal(sic) combustion engines, how do we get around? My suggestion;
Believe it or not, these things get pretty good milage.
#14
Posted 22 September 2026 - 07:25 PM
Dave, how about a chopper trike for the old guys? One of my NH friends drove a factory trike well into his late-80s. He passed away this spring in his early-90s.
I intend to live forever! So far, so good.
#15
Posted 23 September 2026 - 04:02 PM
My cousin Mike built a V-8 powered trike. He had to sell it due to kidney issues, but probably put 50,000 miles on it. Here's some just for you, Bill.
Then there are the V-8 trikes. If one isn't enough;
Slingshots are the new thing. A trike turned around backwards;
- Bill from NH likes this
#17
Posted 23 September 2026 - 06:58 PM
In the bicycling world, a trike with 2 wheels in the front is known as "tadpole", and with 2 wheels in the back it's "delta". My wife and I have experiences with "delta" cornering on 2 wheels (and turning over), and I'm told that "tadpole" is much more stable.
#19
Posted 24 September 2026 - 04:33 AM
Mike, I'd call that a bug without wings..
- NSwanberg and mickey thumbs like this
I intend to live forever! So far, so good.






















