Jump to content




Photo

A tale of two Asps


26 replies to this topic

#26 Pablo

Pablo

    Builder

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,591 posts
  • Joined: 20-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2026 - 09:07 AM

The ones Al Penrose made were called "BWA" brackets.

The Professor Motor bracket is a slightly different design of the original.

Still a great piece, but I liked the originals better.


Paul Wolcott





#27 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

    Age scrubs away speed!

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts
  • Joined: 02-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Boston, NH

Posted 18 September 2026 - 03:00 PM

BWA was Al's nickname on most of his slot car products. He was a musician by trade. I haven't heard of him for a few years.


Bill Fernald
 
I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 





Electric Dreams Online Shop