Jump to content




Photo

Scalextric c7042 APB power supply


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OCJoeR

OCJoeR

    Rookie Keyboard Racer

  • Full Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined: 16-August 18
  • Gender:Male

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

I'm starting a new digital track build. I was going to build a routed track but it was suggested that I use my Scalextric digital track to test different layouts before I committed to a particular layout for the routed track. Made sense to me. No point in creating something that won't work that has to be thrown out if you can test out with plastic track. So I've been playing around with designs while I build the table for the track. The table will be 16'x7' and on a lift system so I can lift it up and out of the way in the garage. I've built other tables out of 2x4s and either MDF or OSB. The last one was on fold out legs that were curved so I could tilt the table up on it's side and be able to get the cars back in the garage. That was getting to be more and more difficult as this 78 year old body got older. So this one is being made out of metal studs with plywood top and bottom, more or less a torsion box for rigidity. 

 

My question here is whether or not I can use the 2 variable voltage power supplies that I had on my analog track with the Scalextric c7042 power base. In my collection I have 4 of the power supplies that came with the Scalextric APBs. I think they're 15 V/4a units. I have two 30 volt/ 10 amp power supplies. Is there any benefit to using them rather than the Scalextric ones? I reading up on the Scalextric system it seems that there is a way to reduce the power on the standard system to half power, but it has to go through the system. One the variable power supplies it's just a dial. But I don't know if that will work on the 7042. 

 

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? 

 

Joe


Joe Rowland








Electric Dreams Online Shop