Jump to content




Photo

Problem solved


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mudhen

Mudhen

    Backmarker

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined: 16-November 24
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pleasant Hill, CA

Posted Yesterday, 05:52 PM

Can't wait to get to the track to try it out!

 

And... does anyone have an easy way to fasten the controller to the holder on the track?

 

20261007_153822.jpg


  • Cheater likes this
Frank Marnhout




#2 Bill Seitz

Bill Seitz

    always in last place

  • Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Joined: 20-February 21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Bungie cord? A small one might do the trick, but I've not tried that. I don't usually want to fasten mine down, but after your telling me how a boy grabbed your controller when you walked away to marshall a car and dropped it on the floor, I can appreciate fastening it down. I had a similar experience to yours on the same track, but my controller wasn't dropped. I usually manage that myself by not placing the controller carefully into the controller holder.

 

I'm convinced the younger neophytes think it has to be my car or controller that enables me to turn lap after lap without deslotting while they can't manage that for even a lap sometimes. So, they want to run my car or use my controller instead of the ones they've got.



#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

    Age scrubs away speed!

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,374 posts
  • Joined: 02-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Boston, NH

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

I put a loop of macramé cord on my Ruddock so when I put it down, I hung it on one of the power posts. A chain of zip ties would also work.


Bill Fernald
 
I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#4 LtDan

LtDan

    Rookie Keyboard Racer

  • Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined: 20-February 26
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern CA

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Can't wait to get to the track to try it out!


Cya Friday, Frank.


  • Mudhen likes this
Dan Calhoun

#5 Bill Seitz

Bill Seitz

    always in last place

  • Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Joined: 20-February 21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted Today, 07:44 PM

I mentioned this post to Jeannette, and she suggested one of those Velcro bands they use to secure cables and cable bundles. She said my idea had metal hooks that could short something, and the Velcro doesn't.

 

Macrame cord sounds like something I'd do. I use rather larger heat sinks with my controllers and have been just letting the heat sink hang off the drivers' panel by the #10 wires. Considering a better solution, I found a spool of textile cord in a storage bin the other day and have been thinking about making something by which to hang the heat sinks other than the lead wires.







Electric Dreams Online Shop