Jump to content




Photo

Homeset tracks in 1/24


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 tlbrace

tlbrace

    On The Lead Lap

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined: 11-August 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Thread revival...putting finishing touches on a Scalex 3 lane 1/24 layout to get into our club's venue rotation...

Attached Images

  • poolesville forest five.jpeg
  • poolesville forest two.jpeg
  • poolesville forest three.jpeg
  • poolesville forest six.jpeg

  • Joe Mig and Tim Neja like this
Todd Brace




#27 leadfoot4

leadfoot4

    Rookie Keyboard Racer

  • Full Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined: 02-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western NY

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

I had one of the Atlas sets, also. It was the one with the Grand Prix cars. Unfortunately, the plastic track didn't hold up too well to the "oil of wintergreen" that I used on the rear tires of the cars that I ran at the commercial track.... 


Lon Boyer

#28 MattD

MattD

    Posting Leader

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts
  • Joined: 13-August 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IN

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

All Atlas track was actual 1/32, by 60's standards, the slots were only 3 1/2 inches apart. True 1/24 track has 4 inch lane centers. The only 1/24 track with slots deep enough for commercial guide flags was Marx.

Matt Bishop

 


#29 Quickcars

Quickcars

    On The Lead Lap

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined: 19-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Wow, I missed the post with the latest 1/24 3 lane layout above.  I wish I could get my hands on some of this stuff.  I think I will stick with my Fleischmann for now.  If I can pick up some cheap Marx 1/24, I'll try that as well.

 

Paul


Paul Quick

#30 MattD

MattD

    Posting Leader

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts
  • Joined: 13-August 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IN

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

You're in Luck Paul, Todd wants to sell his 3 lane Scalextric.   PM him and he will give you particulars.


Matt Bishop

 






Electric Dreams Online Shop