Restoration of Cox Chaparral

Jairus's Photo Jairus 01 Sep 2012

Represents a lot of talented work! :good: :good: :good:

dc-65x's Photo dc-65x 01 Sep 2012

Beyond amazing... :)

Jean-Michel Piot's Photo Jean-Michel Piot 02 Sep 2012

Thank you for the compliments.

Here are the 4 cars that will remain in my collection:

2 genuine models on the left, rather for display, 2 Cox chassis with repro bodies on the right, rather for play..

2E-vitrine.jpg

Mark H's Photo Mark H 03 Sep 2012

wow the attention to detail! magnifique!!!

Jean-Michel Piot's Photo Jean-Michel Piot 02 Nov 2012

Just a little addition for those who want to have a safe way to transport their Chaparral 2E, to go to the club or play on a friend's track.

The car is here maintained by 2 silicon elements that are molded on the car. It will not move during transportation. You may put the box in any position with no dammage to the car.

This is specially usefull for a 2E with its big wing.

Here is one of the boxes I made with the help of a friend of mine, an artist (Christophe Merlin), who created the drawings. This one is the box for Don Siegel's car.

Based on an Irish whiskey box...

2E-Box1.jpg

2E-Box2.jpg

2E-Box3.jpg

odcics2's Photo odcics2 05 Jan 2013

Outstanding!

GaryG's Photo GaryG 27 Jul 2013

Jean-Michel,

Do you restore Cox 2E's for anyone?   I have one that I'd like to get restored like

the ones in this thread. 

Thanks,

GaryG

Jean-Michel Piot's Photo Jean-Michel Piot 29 Jul 2013

Gary,

Let's discuss in PM.

jmkunka's Photo jmkunka 09 May 2015

I would like to produce, in limited numbers, a Cox mag frame Chaparral 2E reproduction box, for sale.

Since they are rare, my problem is finding a sample in relatively good condition. What I'm looking for are high-resolution scans of each panel for reproduction. My intention is to offer these strictly as a compliment for display, to a collector who owns an original 2E.

Since I've given up acquiring an original for my collection, I'd be satisfied with a high quality repro for myself. I'm not even sure if there is a market for this beyond my own desire. I'm not looking to make any money on this venture, only to cover my cost of supplies and time, since they will be printed on a high quality printer and hand assembled, by me.

If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thank you,

Deltech's Photo Deltech 11 Sep 2015

Hi Jean-Michel,

I must say your work is outstanding. I came across this topic and became an instant FAN! I had a Cox Chaparral 2A when I was a teenager years ago in California and it got me hooked on Slot Cars for life. Unfortunately my mother tossed mine out when I was away at College so the only remains I had of my first Chaparral were the tools. Which I still have today. Anyway I have slowly been collecting a few Chaparrals off of eBay for my own efforts at restorations. I am not in your class at all so following your Post has been very enlightening. I was wondering if it would be possible to have restore just one of my 2A's. I have one that is in very good condition and only partially assembled. Just let me know either way.

Best regards and thank you for sharing,

Mike Delgadillo

DelTech Racing