• This topic is locked This topic is locked
366 replies to this topic

#126 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

I never said you wouldn't paint them I said you don't want to. Not your first choice to paint you will but would rather paint the others. I never said you refuse to paint them.
  • JHMerriman likes this
Jason Engel

#127 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

I should say don't like to paint them, not don't want to.

Jason Engel

#128 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

I never said you wouldn't paint them I said you don't want to. Not your first choice to paint you will but would rather paint the others. I never said you refuse to paint them.

No, I did not say I didn't want to either. I paint anything. What I chose to stock as inventory is MY business. and I choose NOT to stock O/S bodies.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"
"Team Evil Bucks" Racer - 2016 Caribbean Retro Overall Champion
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#129 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

I never once said there is an issue. I said maybe there is one. I would volunteer to distribute O/S bodies. I told Ron that yesterday.

Jason Engel

#130 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

Wes P doesn't have a problem contacing Ron and placing orders for SpeedZone.

William Custer
To finish First you must first Finish

#131 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

Seems to me, some people easily get O/S bodies with good quality but others don't.

IRRA® would like to solve the problem for the benefit of their racers.

Ten months from now is a plenty of time for the body manufacturers in question to improve the availability of their Retro bodies highlited on the present approved body list attached to the first post of this topic.

Good racing,

Haruki

• Cheater, MSwiss, tonyp and 4 others like this
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#132 Dominator

Dominator

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

I got message from Ron last night and he said that if any raceways need bodies to contact him directly. This message seems to be clearly getting conveyed in this thread.

Onto the next problem, or possible the real problem, how to fix the supply or availability problem. From what I have read perhaps a solution would be for Ron to set up distributorships with a ____ number of raceways.

I sure we can all agree that most of us have used Ron's bodies in the past/present and so let's hope a solution can be reached.

A motor is only as fast as the chassis it's in.

Dominic Luongo
Like Dominator Custom Chassis on Facebook

NERR photos from 2012-April 2016
NERR photos from 2016 to now

#133 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

Well, Dom, apparently one raceway, SpeedZone, attempted this and got no response. 

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#134 CoastalAngler1

CoastalAngler1

Outlaw Racer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

How many big box stores do you have to search for that special fishing lure everyone is catching them on?

In a dinosaur sport why prevent popular products being used? SMH.

With the most sought after product in the world, people still buy from people... 

Charlie McCullough

Charlie's Speed Shop

Kelly Racing Wanna Be

#135 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 25,653 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

Can't get O/S Mirage or M7A F1 body. Have at least five calls into O/S from three different people and zero response. Anyone out there knows why he's not supplying bodies?

I got message from Ron last night and he said that if any raceways need bodies to contact him directly. This message seems to be clearly getting conveyed in this thread.
Onto the next problem, or possible the real problem, how to fix the supply or availability problem. From what I have read perhaps a solution would be for Ron to set up distributorships with a ____ number of raceways.
I sure we can all agree that most of us have used Ron's bodies in the past/present and so let's hope a solution can be reached.

Dom,

If you missed it, it didn't work for Mic Byrd, manager of SpeedZone, who has a Premier race coming up in a few weeks.

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 692 Citadel Drive, Westmont, Illinois 60559

#136 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

It worked for Wes. Just contact Ron just like you'd do Swiss for his and Noose for Dilworth.

Screenshot_20161014-082301.png

William Custer

#137 elinsley

elinsley

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

So this seems like it all stemmed from bad communication when SpeedZone tried to order bodies for the Fall Brawl. So if Ron was to ship the bodies that SpeedZone wanted and also ships bodies to other raceways then the problem would be solved, right?

Eric Linsley

#138 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

It worked for Wes. Just contact Ron just like you'd do Swiss for his and Noose for Dilworth.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161014-082301.png

Willy, that was sent two weeks ago and SpeedZone has nothing.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister

#139 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

Order is being processed. Still no actual answers as to why O/S is being banned? His bodies are in many raceways and can be ordered directly from Ron. Just like some choose not to stock his bodies as a business owner does he not have the right to sell to who he wishes?

William Custer

#140 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

Jason,

Your post 119 and 121 are just plain stupid. Chain of command crap. I am a nobody and I should be able to call up Ron and order bodies. If Ron does not respond to my calls, should I then have my wife call? LOL.

• Noose, Wizard Of Iz, Half Fast and 3 others like this
Doc Dougherty
GRRR 2016 GT Coupe and Stock Car Champion and Overall Champion
My Series Spring 2016 4" NASCAR, JK LMP State Champion, and Endurance State Champion
My Series 2015 4" NASCAR, GTP and Endurance State Champion
​GRRR 2015 4 1/2" and F1 Champion
​GRRR 2013 & 2014 Evil Flexi Champion
1968 Cleveland Car Model Series race winner - Tom Thumb Raceway, North Royalton, Ohio
​1968 Hinsdale ARCO Amateur runner-up
1967 Parma Raceway Indy 500 Champion

#141 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

Order is being processed. Still no actual answers as to why O/S is being banned? His bodies are in many raceways and can be ordered directly from Ron. Just like some choose not to stock his bodies as a business owner does he not have the right to sell to who he wishes?

They are not banned, Willy. They might be if supply isn't there. Maybe some raceways don't want to sell his bodies since he is selling them to racers in their stores.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister

#142 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

If your wife is your boss sure. I'm not talking about joe blow off the street I was referring to the structure of a business. How is that crap?

If you want bodies as a person you just have to contact Ron. He has bodies in stock and is waiting to fill orders. I know he is leaving at some point today to go to a BRS race in Cincy. So get your orders in early to have nice bodies early next week. Don't delay.

Jason Engel

#143 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

Then, Noose, the supply is there. If racers have to get them on there own because a raceway doesn't wish to stock a product the supply line still continues... you just are missing a piece because of choice.

Jason Engel

#144 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

And before the tirade starts joe blow is a figure of speak not an insult directed at any fine members of Slotblog.

Jason Engel

#145 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,186 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

I am not missing anything. Ask any raceway owner how they feel about about that in their store.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister

#146 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

They are not banned, Willy. They might be if supply isn't there. Maybe some raceways don't want to sell his bodies since he is selling them to racers in their stores.

So where's the supply issue?

William Custer

#147 Butters37

Butters37

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

OK we'll probably the same way they feel about chassis being bought from builders? Or about front tires I can't get readily at any store? A six-dollar body is killing shops? But nothing else is I guess? Yet I don't see an outcry over that. Simply a body. Maybe you can direct me to the spot I can buy Matt Bruce front tires over the counter so I can support a shop. You tell me who to call and the order from that shop will be placed today. Because last time I checked I can't run a car without a body or front tires.

Jason Engel

#148 willy wonka

willy wonka

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

If raceways and racers can order them? If there not being banned why are they on this list?

William Custer

#149 Mic B

Mic B

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

Yes, I had Wes text Ron and got no answer and still have no bodies. I could have sold 20 at the last Retro East race at SpeedZone NJ a month ago. I have never had a problem with Ron that i know of but go on any blog site for the last few years and check posts that are related to availability and Ron is one of the first to post about others in this business and yet he doesn't seem to supply his own products. 

I'm the manager of SpeedZone and Mike Isle hired me so he doesn't have to deal with it. So if Ron wants SpeedZone to carry his product, and we have for a long time, he needs to deal with me. The ball is in his court.
  • MSwiss, tonyp, Tim Neja and 3 others like this

Mic Byrd
SpeedZone NJ
Power Plants By Mic B

Bowskateer Founding Member #002

#150 DOCinCanton

DOCinCanton

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

I very strongly believe that all racers should support their local commercial raceways by buying products from them. After all, if we don't have commercial tracks to race on, we are done. I buy nearly all of my slot car equipment from the four raceways in Florida who are involved in the My Series and GRRR racing. I have never been part of a team; always paying for my components out of my own pocket.

Having said that, I want to talk about my personal experience with O/S bodies. I have raced many O/S bodies over the last six to seven years. Since O/S changed their way of business back a few years ago, the bodies have not been available through the normal distribution network. Therefore, I had to have my local raceway owner call O/S directly and order want I need. At one point I had Bill Pinch order two Ti22s from O/S. They came in OK, no problem there. However, after taking them home I measured them. Both bodies were under spec for thickness. One side was approximately 0.006"; the other side was approximately 0.003". So thin that I could not even make a pin hole without it tearing through. Since the bodies are for IRRA® GRRR racing, I could not use the bodies unless I added significant amount of tape to both sides. 

The above is my Retro experience. The My Series experience is that the rules require all products to be available through the normal distribution network. The O/S GTP body was the most competitive. However, when O/S changed their business practice pertaining to distributors, the raceways could not get any more O/S bodies. Therefore, the bodies are illegal in My Series. O/S can solve this issue by making the body available through the distributors. Also, I had the same problem with the O/S GTP bodies have one extremely thin side and the other about right. I remember having O/S GTP bodies with one side being 0.002" thick. These bodies would not last even one race without significant reinforcement.

• Cheater and Wizard Of Iz like this
Doc Dougherty
GRRR 2016 GT Coupe and Stock Car Champion and Overall Champion
My Series Spring 2016 4" NASCAR, JK LMP State Champion, and Endurance State Champion
My Series 2015 4" NASCAR, GTP and Endurance State Champion
​GRRR 2015 4 1/2" and F1 Champion
​GRRR 2013 & 2014 Evil Flexi Champion
1968 Cleveland Car Model Series race winner - Tom Thumb Raceway, North Royalton, Ohio
​1968 Hinsdale ARCO Amateur runner-up
1967 Parma Raceway Indy 500 Champion

Electric Dreams Online Shop